Recording DI tracks for reamping

• Hi. I have a LTD EC401 with an EMG85 bridge pickup. I'm supposed to record DI tracks for reamping this weekend, and I've stumbled upon a problem. The guitar signal is too hot for my Focusrite 2i2, even through a DI box. The signal clips and is distorted no matter what settings I use on the audio interface and DI box. The only way I found that might work, is if I use one of the high gain profiles on my Kemper, and turn the gain all the way down or just simply turn off the stack entirely. It doesn't seem to clip. Question is; is this signal good enough for reamping? It sounds pretty "sterile" and direct to me, but I guess it has been processed somewhat through the Kemper, and it might then be totaly useless to the professional who is supposed to reamp this?

If this isn't good enough, I guess the only option is to use a guitar with passive microphones. Like a Gibson, Strat or something with Seymour Duncans. The musical style is melodic extreme/black metal.

Any solutions, experiences would be greatly appreciated.

• Hi. I have a LTD EC401 with an EMG85 bridge pickup. I'm supposed to record DI tracks for reamping this weekend, and I've stumbled upon a problem. The guitar signal is too hot for my Focusrite 2i2, even through a DI box. The signal clips and is distorted no matter what settings I use on the audio interface and DI box. The only way I found that might work, is if I use one of the high gain profiles on my Kemper, and turn the gain all the way down or just simply turn off the stack entirely. It doesn't seem to clip. Question is; is this signal good enough for reamping? It sounds pretty "sterile" and direct to me, but I guess it has been processed somewhat through the Kemper, and it might then be totaly useless to the professional who is supposed to reamp this?

If this isn't good enough, I guess the only option is to use a guitar with passive microphones. Like a Gibson, Strat or something with Seymour Duncans. The musical style is melodic extreme/black metal.

Any solutions, experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using sod if to record or the analog outputs?

If you click the output button on the Kemper, you should be able to reduce the level you are feeding your DAW.

Let us know how it turns out!

• It is useful to have a pad on the instrument input of your interface if you want to record direct into the interface.

You can take a DI signal from the output of the KPA if you direct the input signal (Git Analog) to the "direct output" jack on the back - this is setup in the Output section of the KPA. You can control the volume of that output if it is too hot - Monitor volume on the third page of the Output section.