FW 5.3.0.13018 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• I finally had a chance to update, so I skipped the previous beta (let's pretend it never happened) and I think the new volume display is glorious. The bars make it easily readable, the dB values make it precise and reproducible. So much more transparent, no more guessing what actual volumes lie hidden behing the old 0-10 number.

@jpoelmans is using the powered output, i.e. Monitor Volume, I think. So the Main Out's -12dB pad does not apply, but there should be a +12dB boost for the internal power amp that you could turn off (if you haven't already).

I was going to remark that the volume knob shouldn't be seen as a traditional one with a fixed scale from zero to ten over one full rotation. Like @Monkey_Man said, it strongly depends on speed: if you turn it slowly, you can go around many times before you get to 0dB.

But I just played with it a little myself and I do notice that the accuracy is much less in the very low volumes. I.e., it goes from -40 to -35 much quicker than it does from -20 to -15, even if you turn it very carefully. I can imagine that would make it hard to adjust if you have no volume control down the line (on the speaker, for instance).

• Hey Robrecht, exactly my problem: powered Kemper, and between the power amp and the Kemper's brains there is no method of attenuating the signal. My power amp boost is set to 0dB. If I would use an active speaker I could turn down the gain on the active amp, but it's passive and passive pads are a pain in the ass, emit loads of heat and are expensive...

Today I was thinking, a simple padding option for monitor out could be a solution, but then again, the headphones out has the same problem: right now, with my Sennheiser HD-25 connected it's at -25dB, and that's already on the loud side for everyday practice (I'm concerned about my hearing).Usualy I'm just below -30dB. And as you noted, in that range and below the volume controls become more and more sensitive. But the headphone didn't really bother me, it always felt like 'set and forget', as I have not to adapt to people walking in and out of the house...

So, like there's a -12 pad option for master out, there could be just an extra page, setting variable padding for each output, at least power amp and headphones out. That, or they'll have to find a solution for the sensitivity of the volume encoders, both master volume and separate channels. Maybe I'll lose some bit depth, and an analog gain is not available in the hardware, but I don't care, I'm losing those bits right now at -30dB too...

• You're the first I've encountered on the forum who uses the same 'phones as I, jpoelmans. 8o

I'm at -25dB too. I use the Rig Volume knob for dialling back Rigs that are too-loud as I'm auditioning. I don't re-save them; I'm just talking about browsing in general. That way I can leave the headphone level alone and I always know where it is - a consistent reference, if you like.

• Profiler OS 5.3.1.13085 Public Beta

User Interface

changed: Master Volume Screen enhanced
    changed: Global Pure Cabinet disappears in Cabinet Module, if disabled in Output Section

------

Just updated here thanks KPA team and all of you guys making these changes happen.

Time to get a proper fell of it, cheers.

Music is Key.

• Delay hold problems with the new beta?

I have set my double footswitch
    A= Delay hold function
    B= Infinity

When I set the DLY CHORUS ORGAN and i stomp on switch A, the hold function is avctive and helt the signal endless and as it schould be

When I set DLY CRINKLE and use the hold function, the helt signal is really at a low volume level and it dissapears after a while and the helt sounds changes , after a while there is nothing to hear.

Does anyone have this problem too?