FW 5.3.0.13018 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• still hoping for.....,, power amp 4 ohm operation, new reverbs,,,,,much better overdrives,,,faster boot up and shut down times,,,,MUCH better way of connecting the pedal cord, the flimsey jack on the back has come out/ broke on me/ on the gig 3 times, it need the same thing thats on the pedal itself,,all you have to do is kik it or trip on it and its shot,,
    MUCH better/ stronger Speaker out jack, this plastic one is junk,,( I have the powered rack)
    For a touring piece of gear, these must be improved,, hope to see these things sometime this year,,,My rack unit is falling apart,,from 3 years of everyday/night use,
    not complaining,, I LOVE this thing, and count on it every day/ night,,but its falling apart, a little piece at a time,

As far as the weakness of connectors go I agree with you. I had to send mine in and wait for repairs for the cat 5 jack replacement. However, I dont think you can ever expect Kemper to change this as these are soldered on to the board and would require an entirely new development. he network jack in particular is quite special as to shielding and speed of communications and Im quite certain there isnt a locking compatible replacement. Since your using and abusing yours heavily I would recomend you build a connector board of sorts for the network jack and perhaps monitor out with a locking network connector and beefier ts jack. leave the actual kemper jacks lugged into them 24/7. A bit off topic of beta .. Sorry

• I think “Pedals to MIDI” means that you can use a standard expression pedal, connected to the KPA or the Remote via TRS jack, to control another device connected to the KPA's midi output. The Kemper will convert the pedal's voltage to midi cc#.

I still dont quite get how to use the new update to midi. It seems it would work the way Robrecht suggests. The only thing new I can see is he referenced pedals to midi checkbox. However, when checked I dont see where it is possible to change the cc message forwarded to whatever external device. Nothing seems to have changed as far as settings available in performance mode midi edit screens. Change the channel, throughput, device name pc # etc

• As far as the weakness of connectors go I agree with you. I had to send mine in and wait for repairs for the cat 5 jack replacement. However, I dont think you can ever expect Kemper to change this as these are soldered on to the board and would require an entirely new development. he network jack in particular is quite special as to shielding and speed of communications and Im quite certain there isnt a locking compatible replacement. Since your using and abusing yours heavily I would recomend you build a connector board of sorts for the network jack and perhaps monitor out with a locking network connector and beefier ts jack. leave the actual kemper jacks lugged into them 24/7. A bit off topic of beta .. Sorry

That is exactly what I do.

Having a patch panel also allows you to change the regular Ethernet connection from the foot controller to an Ethercon connector which is really how it should have been in the first place. This is a much more secure connection.

As for the other connections, you can get as good of connectors as the industry makes in your patch panel. If one wears out, you are only out <$20.00 to replace it.

As for the beta (so I feel like I didn't completely run off topic :) ), has anyone tested out the switch times to see if they are still OK? Both the actual change and the indicators?

• Using Kemper Remote w/KPA & Beta 5.3. Switching rigs with morphing setup in either Performance mode or Browse mode. The 1st time I hit the button on remote, it instantly jumps to full morph settings (no rise time) instead of blending up with the time I have set. After that 1st button press, rise & fall time both work correctly.

Learn to Swim

• You're right, but as a musician moving between known locations/situations (the rehearsal space, home studio etc.) it's a handy shortcut to memorize the dB level for each one (after setting it by ear if course) so that next time you can dive straight in.

Hope in one of the next OS-Versions the volume-feature could be stored as an output-preset.

• I updated.

It now shows DB as well as a graph bar for each output. The screen is in five blocks, each block its own output area with DB up top and graph bar below. Looks good.

• The KPA team got this fixed a lot faster than I thought they would. Love the new volume display!

Great job guys! I love the fact that unlike so many other companies out there, the KPA team actually listens to their customers.

• It is nice indeed.

Bit still, I'm a little disappointed with the master's volume sensitivity: Try to adjust your monitor volume at -40dB with 1-2 dB increments or so, preferably between 2 licks in a song (common home practicing situation, for me at least). That was already nearly impossible, with the new firmware it's worse. Hint: my master volume at 0.3 (!!) equals -40dB. I'm using a 1x12" coaxial DIY cab (I believe it was a Beyma 12XA30Nd in there), so nothing really exotic.

When I play through my cab I feel like I have a full Marshall stack in my living room, and have to put my amps master between 0 and 0.3 (out of 10.0) as not to annoy my wife and daughter. Kind of voids that advantage of modeling... Lucky there's a headphone out...

Is it so darn difficult to have a padding function or something else, so I can adjust 10.0 at the master at something reasonable like -30dB-my-wife-is-happy instead of 0dB-I-will-rip-your-frigging-head-of-and-destroy-your-marriage, and have some useful range on my master volume? Or are you telling me I have to put dummy loads in my cab, really, on a modeler, with FRFR?!!

• If you use your main outs, you can enable the -12db pad, which might help in your situation.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer