Nick K Profiles

• The Mark IV pack is very good overall. No hair and balanced. Still, I have found most profiles a bit too loud when compared with average profiles, but I hope to modify the rig volume without spoiling dynamics .

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• The Mark IV pack is very good overall. No hair and balanced. Still, I have found most profiles a bit too loud when compared with average profiles, but I hope to modify the rig volume without spoiling dynamics .

Yup, you can modify the rig volume and not lose anything tonally... I`ll compare my next pack volume with other commercial ones, i`ll try to balance it out better... Tnx CJ!

• i haven't picked up your profiles yet (on my list), but i have found with many commercial profilers that volume is extremely varied. Some the cleans are super loud, others the distorted ones are way louder, and some it's just one or two profiles that are too loud.

• Yup, you can modify the rig volume and not lose anything tonally... I`ll compare my next pack volume with other commercial ones, i`ll try to balance it out better... Tnx CJ!

The volume on the eq is boosted with 2.5-3.5 on all profiles. Setting this to zero/default makes them closer to "commercial" profiles.

• i haven't picked up your profiles yet (on my list), but i have found with many commercial profilers that volume is extremely varied. Some the cleans are super loud, others the distorted ones are way louder, and some it's just one or two profiles that are too loud.

Yup, thats my experience too, but that never really bothered me, i just use volume and even the rigs out...

The volume on the eq is boosted with 2.5-3.5 on all profiles. Setting this to zero/default makes them closer to "commercial" profiles.

Yes thats true, but i suggest turning the rig`s volume downfirst, because the rig just sounds sweeter and fuller with the eq volume on 2.5... :)

• Yup and all the EQ advice works great, i found i got a bit of (happens with a lot of Rigs) "bass buzz" in my active 7 string, but a little adjustment all good.

Of cause this only does it for me on active pick ups and it is the case with many rigs.
    wont happen on my LP or Strat :)

How come none of you are posting about the "crusher"

You are ALL missing out on the best rig of the pack :P^^
    Try it for solos too, lots of sustain and a good rhythm preset.
    Looking forward to the savage man :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yes thats true, but i suggest turning the rig`s volume downfirst, because the rig just sounds sweeter and fuller with the eq volume on 2.5

Hmm, can you explain how that could be? Since the EQ is post-amp, basically the last thing going on in the rig, shouldn't removing it be the same as turning down the rig volume?
    I did tweak your profiles by removing that EQ boost, and did think they lost something... I just don't understand how that could be...

• Yeah i love "The Crusher" 2, for that tight, high gain rhythm stuff especially... Good choice! ;) Savage is going to be huge, cant wait for you guys to hear it!

Hmm, can you explain how that could be? Since the EQ is post-amp, basically the last thing going on in the rig, shouldn't removing it be the same as turning down the rig volume?
    I did tweak your profiles by removing that EQ boost, and did think they lost something... I just don't understand how that could be...

Well im pretty sure that eq volume boost should boost frequencies between low and high cut, at least thats what i think that main post amp eq should do. Otherwise why would they put it in the eq section, why not just use rig volume instead... BUT, if you dont hear any difference, thats ok, you can turn it off... Boosting it just sound better to my ears, can be placebo... Im gonna test that theory for the upcoming ENGL Savage for sure...

• Here is a short test of all of the high gain rhythm patches of the pack. We all love that Pull me under riff, and i thought that Dream Theater stuff would be great to test the Mark 4 rhythm sounds... :thumbup:

The profiles are (in that specific order): Beefy rhythm, Sassy rhythm, The Crusher, The Whip and Tight rhythm.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks for posting those sound clips. I was tracking something yesterday using your profiles and had trouble getting them as clear as what you posted here.
    Could be my playing is somewhat sloppier than yours, but still.....

Is this a straight recording of the profiles, or did you apply any sort of processing in the DAW? And what guitar did you play?

I think I'll try to record the exact same riff and then compare, making sure I get a similar tone before moving on with my project. Something could be off in my setup...

• Here is a short test of all of the high gain rhythm patches of the pack. We all love that Pull me under riff, and i thought that Dream Theater stuff would be great to test the Mark 4 rhythm sounds... :thumbup:

The profiles are (in that specific order): Beefy rhythm, Sassy rhythm, The Crusher, The Whip and Tight rhythm.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds great!

• Thanks for posting those sound clips. I was tracking something yesterday using your profiles and had trouble getting them as clear as what you posted here.
    Could be my playing is somewhat sloppier than yours, but still.....

Is this a straight recording of the profiles, or did you apply any sort of processing in the DAW? And what guitar did you play?

I think I'll try to record the exact same riff and then compare, making sure I get a similar tone before moving on with my project. Something could be off in my setup...

When i test the profiles for sole listening and presentation purposes i ALWAYS leave guitars unprocessed in the DAW... Not even slight compression, eq, nothing... That would totally be unfair to the customers and listeners, and i know some of the guys selling the profiles do that, and i told myself i would never be that guy lol :) When i record something with edited profiles i always leave the values on here for everyone to see and try to tweak themselves... And these are all quad tracked, something that can really help the density and overall sound of your guitars, but you should be pretty tight with your playing if u want quad tracks to sound good... I played Music Man JP6 on here, PRS on rock test video and L3 in that short guitar instrumental... You can hear pack playthrough with both PRS and L3..
    In the future im gonna record playthroughs of the pack with as many guitars i can get my hands on lol :)

Sounds great!

Tnx man! :)

• When i test the profiles for sole listening and presentation purposes i ALWAYS leave guitars unprocessed in the DAW... Not even slight compression, eq, nothing... That would totally be unfair to the customers and listeners, and i know some of the guys selling the profiles do that, and i told myself i would never be that guy lol When i record something with edited profiles i always leave the values on here for everyone to see and try to tweak themselves... And these are all quad tracked, something that can really help the density and overall sound of your guitars, but you should be pretty tight with your playing if u want quad tracks to sound good... I played Music Man JP6 on here, PRS on rock test video and L3 in that short guitar instrumental... You can hear pack playthrough with both PRS and L3..
    In the future im gonna record playthroughs of the pack with as many guitars i can get my hands on lol

Awesome!

How do you pan your quad tracked guitars, if I may ask (sorry for all those questions) ;)

• Ask away, im here to share my experience and help!

Thanks man, you're the best! Really appreciate all your help, and I promise not to abuse it.

I'm mostly a blues/rock kind of guy, mostly working with non-doubled takes, so I'm still trying to learn how to get proper metal tones down.
    I'm not really getting the tones I'm after (yet) and there seems to be quite a bit more to double/quad tracking than simply laying down the additional takes ;)

I'll give it another shot with some of the info you've provided and see how it goes ;)

• Hi guys,

Thought I'd just share this little piece.

I've used a very moody Fender Starcaster.

Thanks Nick.

Music is Key.

• Man thats great, i wanna hear the rest of the song! :) Which profiles did u use?