(SOLVED)No connection after Mac upgrade (Sierra)

• After upgrading to a newer Mac, Rig manager no longer recognizes my Kemper.
    I re-installed RM (including an update), updated the Kemper to 5.3.1.13085, but the problem remains.....
    It's not a faulty USB port or cable, as I can "see" my Kemper under Hardware>USB>Profiler (including correct serialnumber)
    Anyone got any suggestions??? Is the a Sierra security setting or something?? ?(

• Are you using a USB hub? If you do, try to connect the Kemper directly to the Mac.
    Do other USB devices work correctly?
    When you say you updated the Kemper, I assume that means that the Kemper recognised a USB stick with the software update? If it's still plugged in, unplug it, plug in the USB cable from the Kemper to the Mac, restart the Kemper, see if Rig Manager sees the Mac now.

Do you have any security software installed, like antivirus apps, or Little Snitch? These can block outgoing network connections - I have seen Little Snitch cause iPod sync via USB to fail.

General troubleshooting steps for cases where the Mac does not see external hardware: reset SMC, reboot, then reset NVRAM.

I assume you use a regular Mac - on a Hackintosh, all bets are off...

• Hi Henry, is your name in RM still the same as the KPA?
    Does RM connect to the Rig Exchange?

The Sierra security settings would probably not have allowed you to install RM if it wasn't signed, but I see no reason why it would not let you connect to the KPA.

• I finally got it working again.
    When I re-installed RM (version 2) I noticed that the option to install the driver for 10.9 and higher was grayed out.
    I had a (sorta) clean install of El Capitan on another bootdrive, I tried installing RM 2 and then it did gave me the option to install this driver...
    Back to Sierra, still the same. Then I tried an older version of RM (1.3 Beta), This did install the driver, than I re-installed the latest version of RM an now it´s fully working as it is supposed to. :rolleyes:

• I finally got it working again.
    When I re-installed RM (version 2) I noticed that the option to install the driver for 10.9 and higher was grayed out.
    I had a (sorta) clean install of El Capitan on another bootdrive, I tried installing RM 2 and then it did gave me the option to install this driver...
    Back to Sierra, still the same. Then I tried an older version of RM (1.3 Beta), This did install the driver, than I re-installed the latest version of RM an now it´s fully working as it is supposed to. :rolleyes:

When the driver install is unticked (doesn't really matter if it's greyed out - the greyed out, ticked items are getting installed) it usually means that the driver already exists.

If you want to find out what exactly an Installer installs (that uses the Apple Installer app, like in this case), you start the Installer, then go to the File menu, and select 'Show Files'. There you can see that the driver you mentioned is getting installed into /Library/Extensions/, and is called 'KemperProfiler.kext'.

Anyway, glad to hear that you got it to work.