Profiles won't load, rather strange.

• Bought a new profile pack today, went to load it (less than 50 new profiles) and the Kemper took (2) of the profiles, yes only (2) of the almost 50 and I scroll all rigs, nothing, scroll latest, and I see the 2. Scroll by Author and still only get the 2.

I rebooted, tried again. Didn't work.

I found a new usb stick, formatted it, tried the load again. Didn't work.

Mind you every time I do this the Kemper attempts to load for a few seconds and then tells me something like "yeah, nothing new to load, we have everything Paraphrasing of course"

I want to play man. any ideas? Rather odd..... (I mean I have totally loaded profiles before quite a bit, never had this issue)

• I just downloaded rig manager and imported them into the local section. They all appear to be there. I also saved all my 30-40 favs on the kemper and deleted all other profiles (I backed up first) and then tried loading these again.

The Kemper doesn't want to take them. I think something is up with my Kemper. Getting a little concerned....

• So, double-clicking on any of them in RM doesn't result in playable Profiles' sitting in the KPA's edit buffer?

Also, be aware that the Kemper OS is backward-compatible with all Profiles, but if your OS is old-enough, there'll be some Profiles that were made using a newer version that won't "play". To ensure full compatibility, keep the unit up-to-date; that way you know that no vendor out there could possibly make Rigs that won't load into your machine.

All that said, there've only been a couple of occasions over the years when changes were made to the OS that were significant-enough to have meant that Profiles made with them wouldn't work on older versions of the firmware.

• Thanks for getting back to me, Monkey_man. I don't post much, but when I do it's usually important and you have helped me many times, thanks for that.

I will check my firmware when I get home from work today. I'm like 99% sure it's 3.2(3) I want to say 3.2 something. (Maybe around a 1.5 years ago? Sounds about right)

The rig pack is from big hairy profiles. Michael with that company is also checking on this for me as well.

I may also try and just grab some other profiles and see if I can load them when I get home to see if it's specific to this pack or not.

• Thanks for the help, I will do the update as soon as I get home and post the result. I sure hope its something that simple. That would be great!! Being an "in ear monitor player", Kemper has been great in that department. I don't want to start having issues with a set up that's been working so well for me. I've really grown to like it, so much that I really don't do much with it anymore except turn it on and gig with it every week. (Big believer in , "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"). I just wanted some new Zakk profiles after getting back from Moonstock Monday.

• Totally was that. Super simple fix. upgrade the damn firmware... This is a good reminder to us all I guess folks, time flys by. I was only like a 1.5 years or so back, and I might as well been on mars.

I would have posted earlier, but you know I had to play bark at the moon like 20 times with the new zakk tones, and play bad boys/whitesnake with the Sykes tones. I apologize that I lost myself in it. Man that's a really good pack. Next week I may lock myself in a room and go for Crying in the rain.

Thanks for the help everyone. Now I need to take some of my monkey man wahs and attach them to these killer profiles so I can gig them out this weekend. And do some housekeeping with the kemper. You all are great, always there for us.

Thanks Again!!!

• You know mate, it's such a pleasure to help someone who's so-appreciative.

Regarding the wahs:

You might want to, before you start playing / auditioning them, set each preset to your preferred "Pedal Mode" bypass setting. I took the liberty of programming my personal preference (Bypass @ Heel) into those for which the contributors failed to provide any details, but the rest of them are a hotchpotch of the various bypass options.

I've been considering asking the forum whether or not it'd mind if I standardised the pack to "Bypass @ Heel" (My guess is that this'd be the most-popular setting) for a while now, so that browsing the presets is a more-fluid-and-enjoyable experience. Having to scratch one's head and wonder why some of them don't seem to work as-expected right off the bat isn't an ideal situation.

Please let us know what you think of them in the thread, eh? ;)