Digital Performer Now Has ZTX PRO™ Time-stretching Technology and German Support!

• There's also a new CPU-monitoring window specifically for FX and VI plugins. How cool is this?

Don't forget that DP's Next-gen Pre-gen allows a ridiculous number of FX and VI's to be used (a while back I saw, IIRC, 130 instances of Kontakt being used on an iMac without it breaking a sweat!), and that host-buffer latency has been halved so that you perceive only half the delay you'd expect at any given buffer setting.

Anyway, here's the general overview of DP9 with the new 9.5 additions included:

MOTU.com - Overview

Here's the DP9.5-only new stuff:

MOTU.com - Digital Performer 9.5 is now shipping

... and here're the videos of the new Pitch-shifting technology:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I should probably note that if you don't like the skin / colour scheme used in the videos, remember that along with the expected fully-customisable track-colouring options, DP offers a shedload of skins (called themes, including MoTools LOL), browsable in the Preferences window, and that there are very-classy 3rd-party skins out there as well. It all started when I and another MOTUNation member, "Timeline" (Gary Brandt), followed by a few others, started fooling around with editing DP's look a long time ago (can't remember when - maybe 10 years ago), and we asked MOTU to make it easier for 3rd parties to create comprehensive skins. The company obliged, and at the same time introduced a suite of its own skins which tends to be expanded upon with each integer-version update.

Andy Selby dedicated a site to his themes:

ampguimods | DP Themes

Just handy to know this stuff 'cause I know many folks are put off by certain DAW looks. With DP you can have light, dark and everything in-between, as well as retro, space-age... you name it.

Anyway, I'm very-glad that DP now supports German, so there's no excuse for all the German Kempertites not to check this DAW out! :D

Also, it's worth noting that DP's guitar-and-bass-stomp as well as amp-sim and cab-in-a-room-sim plugins are awesome. The Boss CE-2 Chorus has been used by many on backup-vocal busses (it runs in stereo too) 'cause it sounds so good. The Tube Screamer emu is excellent too, as are the other brand-name emus.

I always like to mention this, so I'll do it again: DP still opens projects created in 1984. =O

Lastly, I'm updating you guys 'cause, as I've often said and you'd have noticed anyway, DP doesn't receive the recognition it deserves. Heck, I'm constantly amazed by how many folks haven't even heard of it. Hope you see or hear something you like.