Problem with Transpose

• For some songs I need to transpose. That works pretty well if I use my ENGL cabinet. However , if I rehearse a transposed song (+2) and disconnect the cabinet and use the two main outs instead to my A&H mixer, powered by 2 KRK studio monitors, then I hear constanty two tones in every solo. Since the TRP has no parameters there's nothing to adjust.
    Is this a bug?

• For some songs I need to transpose. That works pretty well if I use my ENGL cabinet. However , if I rehearse a transposed song (+2) and disconnect the cabinet and use the two main outs instead to my A&H mixer, powered by 2 KRK studio monitors, then I hear constanty two tones in every solo. Since the TRP has no parameters there's nothing to adjust.
    Is this a bug?

Check your output settings. Sounds like there's a discrepancy between the monitor out and main outs.

• What is there to check? The output of the main outs is set to -8.5 dB. The output of the Monitor Out is set to -14.9. But, like I wrote: There's no cabinet connected. I play now at home connected to the mixer and my studiomonitors. Both Main Out Link and Monitor Link are marked ON but that makes no difference.

• Could it be that you are disturbed by the acoustic sound of your guitar. The strings of course are not shortened ;)
    With a loud signal you do not hear it anymore.

At home with my studio monitors I hear it also if I use a family friendly loudness.

• This caught me out when I first auditioned transpose. Use headphones to check it at a decent volume. It's amazing how easily you can hear the guitar strings acoustically.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Could it be that you are disturbed by the acoustic sound of your guitar. The strings of course are not shortened ;)
    With a loud signal you do not hear it anymore.

At home with my studio monitors I hear it also if I use a family friendly loudness.

That was the first thing I did: playing much louder, keeping my guitar away from my ears and put my ears against the cone of the studiomonitor. I kept on hearing it.

This caught me out when I first auditioned transpose. Use headphones to check it at a decent volume. It's amazing how easily you can hear the guitar strings acoustically.

Good thinking!! I tried that. :)

Have you tried to record the signal?

Good thinking too!! :)

I tried this too.

Here is the result of the recording. With headphones the same result!

(I'm sorry...where and how to upload a music file....)

• What is there to check? The output of the main outs is set to -8.5 dB. The output of the Monitor Out is set to -14.9. But, like I wrote: There's no cabinet connected. I play now at home connected to the mixer and my studiomonitors. Both Main Out Link and Monitor Link are marked ON but that makes no difference.

The source of the different outputs, not the levels.

• I don't understand what you mean by that!

I only connect my guitar to the input of the kpa, have a simple rig wit a TRP, set to +2, have 2 cables from main out to 2 inputs on mixer and output mixer to studiomonitors.

But it's also on my cabinet: from just monitor output kpa

• OK, that was what you meant. I'm sorry...
    I changed the settings there a long time ago because, what I was thinking, those were the right ones:

main output: master stereo
    monitor output: master left
    direct out put: mod right (never been used)
    spdf output: off

• Hi Sharry, Yes, but I have forgotten how to upload this to this forum.

Many are using a link to their dropbox or similar. Some has a soundcloud account.
    If you make a just short mp3-clip with less than 1 MB and compress it to a zip than I think you can make an attachment to a posting here.

• Hi i dont know if this has something to do with it, but have you checked that direct mix in the amp section is set right? I dont know if this hits before or after the transpose effect... Just a thought