What cables do I need for the Mission Expression Pedal?

• Hello there all,

I understand that the Mission Expression Pedal doesn't have the cables in the box with it.

Can anyone tell me what I need?

I think its one TRS - but is this the stereo to mono version (i.e. terminating in 2 mono ends) or stereo to stereo?

and one TS - mono cable

Am I right?

Thanks folks, I just want to get it all at the same time so I can use it

Cheers :)

• you need one TRS cable with a TRS plug on each end and a mono TS cable for the switch

I have the Mission pedal hooked to a TRS and TS cable, it works great; but someone recently mentioned that the Mission pedal can use a TRS for signal, and switching as well.

Had I known that, I would've bought (2) TRS cables, so I'm not trying to figure out which cable is which.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• A quick look at the connector will tell you which is which. Looking at the end of the cable, if there are 2 black lines going around the connector, that is the TRS cable. If there is only one black line then it's the TS cable.

So one connector has 3 connection points separated by the 2 black lines. That is what TRS stands for, tip, ring, sleeve, the three connection points.

TS is tip, sleeve, so only two connection points. That is why only one black line.

Sorry if you already knew this and I was reading too much into your comments.

• For quick breakdown and setup of the Mission pedal, counting the rings on the tip of the cable in the dark, with my decreasing vision quality, gets tougher.

If both cables are the same for signal and switching (TRS), there is no chance of getting it wrong.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• For quick breakdown and setup of the Mission pedal, counting the rings on the tip of the cable in the dark, with my decreasing vision quality, gets tougher.

If both cables are the same for signal and switching (TRS), there is no chance of getting it wrong.

Love it

• I decided not using the switches ... just rocking it and use the bypass at stop function

Flawless !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp