Suggestions for Alternative to Kemper Remote

• I already use the Remote, and I have to say that since I wrote this post I have a new-found appreciation of it.
    What I like about the Remote:

• Small footprint.
    • Differently coloured LEDs for the stomps.
    • Clear text display with good backlighting and high-res image.
    • Soft switching action.
    • Full Kemper integration: 2-button states for Morphing, Momentary switching option, Performance mode, etc.
    • Single cable connection to KPA.

What I dislike:

• Latency using exp pedal ports 3-6.
    • Can't program more than 4 stomps without "doubling up" on the switches.
    • Must use Performance mode in order to fully benefit from Remote's integration, meaning having to copy each rig in a new performance slot (this is more a criticism of the KPA than the Remote, tbh).

Latency has been raised before but I've never really experienced this, depends how actively you use it I guess. You get latency with Digitech Whammys so I've seen little difference. Volume seems to react OK and no issue with Wah. I guess it depends on how time based and therefore accuracy of applying the effect is needed...my playing is so sloppy I don't notice :)

Do you really switch more than 4 effects on and off at once? Wow..I would consider using another slot if its such a big change. Obviously if an effect just stays on you don't need to add it to the switch, releasing a space

You can obviously copy the rigs into the slots in rig Manager which is quicker so is that a big issue? I really don't get the issue with performance mode as I find it a god send. Along with morphing I have plenty of variation.

Anyway, glad you found some of the joys with the remote :)

• Thought it was worth responding to a couple of points here, although clearly the issues I've been experiencing are not common to everyone and depends how folks are using the system.

Do you really switch more than 4 effects on and off at once? Wow..I would consider using another slot if its such a big change. Obviously if an effect just stays on you don't need to add it to the switch, releasing a space

You can obviously copy the rigs into the slots in rig Manager which is quicker so is that a big issue? I really don't get the issue with performance mode as I find it a god send. Along with morphing I have plenty of variation.

Anyway, glad you found some of the joys with the remote :)

I don't have any need to switch more than 4 effects on/off at once. However, the system as it stands requires flip-flopping if I want more than 4 stomps available. How do I turn a stomp off altogether if it simply flip-flops with another?

Re. copying rigs. Yes, this feature is useful but what if I want to copy the amp, EQ and cabinet but not the entire FX chain and Stomps? What I've been doing until now is painstakingly moving from one rig to another copying the amp block, then the EQ block, then the cabinet. For every rig. Perhaps copying the full preset and then deleting all the Stomps and doing FX again from scratch would be quicker? I don't know. I generally find it takes longer to dial the FX in the way I want them than it does to get the amp stage right.

• Oh I see, its if you want more than 4 effects available separately against 1 rig. I tend to have the basic sound and then add a couple of effects, usually at the same time so not an issue for me.

Generally the way to copy selected items is to use "lock" but I agree this isn't that easy, but once set up its generally done unless again you are making lots of changes...you are right deletion is probably quicker :)

This is where I think Rig manager could be improved to view stomps and change the config as it would be easier on a PC than navigating around the KPA...