Goodbye Dimi

• Sad to see this kind of behaviour here.

FWIW, youtube dislikes don't count as anything negative in search engine ranking anymore, google changed it so that channels can't be negative botted by competitors. Both raise your channels visibility in search now. Also if you disable likes on the videos that have been dislike botted for 6 months the counter will reset.

• So, no more Dimi, which is a loss, not a gain for this community.

I fully agree and I am sad and angry at the same time about such excesses in the way of communication in social media, as they continue to spread.
    How patheticly sick in his head such a person must be.

• One thing for Dimi:

A strong Greek tree don't care when a dog pissed on it ( or something like that)

So Dimi, dont care about those bastards and come back to the family ( driving home for x- mas......)

Cheers
    Frank

• as you might know, warnings/bans have been heavily criticised on this forums. even though the actual reasons behind were not even disclosed. because in most cases, we simply know details we prefer not to share with everybody - because it is not everybody's business. so, facing a stronger public reaction resulted in us (moderators) to be extra cautious and eventually sometimes overly cautious. we will have to think about that now.

we share the notion that the overall climate has changed for the worse and we would like to invite you all help us making this place better again.
    if you feel that any type of bullying, name calling etc takes place, please use the report function and share your concerns with us. we cannot stop people from acting like they do in general but at least we can attempt to keep this forum free of harassment and create an environment which supports all sorts of opinion - when it comes to amps and guitars ;)

at the same time, it needs to be said that there are some who take every opportunity to hammer their point home. this can be a little much, especially when everything that needs to be said has been voiced already. in oder to make this forum a truly great place again, some would greatly improve this forum by taking a somewhat less mantra-like approach.

to sum it up: we all have a couple of chilled days ahead. maybe we take the chance to sit back and make some good posting resolutions for the new year ahead. mods included.

cheers, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I've been critical of some of the heavy handedness, in the past, but I really do appreciate that you guys do a great job with this forum, and with the Kemper, in general. I'm not doubting that people have been bullied and harassed, but I think this is a much better community than most of the places I've seen on the internet. This is about the only place I'd feel comfortable posting a clip without the fear of people just ripping me to shreds. I'm thankful for what we have here, and the fact that you realize it can be even better gives me a lot of respect for you. Thanks for the hard work!

• Very sad to see Dimi go, or anyone for that matter due to senseless bullying. Anonymity on the internet is off the charts and makes it easy for someone to say and do things they would not normally do in a face to face conversation or debate. Good will prevail in this forum for sure thanks to the backbone of users and moderators that are already in place. I always seem find the biggest problem threads are over exact tone matching of amps. Stop looking at graphs from DAW's / Apps, etc. and use your ears. Who cares if it's identical as long as it sounds good to you the listener. Food for thought, could have been a troll trying to make KPA supporters look bad. Lot's of good folk on here for sure!

• Food for thought, could have been a troll trying to make KPA supporters look bad.

I think that's extremely far-fetched. Troll in anonymity for months on end through multiple platforms and several tactics, and to do so quietly until I decide months later to share a single image from his askfm? Or try and hack his accounts? Or blast his Kemper-related YouTube videos with dislikes? I think we're better served not denying the obvious and accepting that some here have gone overboard in their zeal to "defend" the KPA just as some have gone overboard to criticize it in the past. There are perfectly decent people here, like everywhere else, but no good can come out of rationalizing or excusing poor behavior.

I always seem find the biggest problem threads are over exact tone matching of amps. Stop looking at graphs from DAW's / Apps, etc. and use your ears. Who cares if it's identical as long as it sounds good to you the listener.

Without attempting to create an unrelated discussion on the matter, I'll just say that I'm in total agreement that the most important thing is a tone you like, whether it's exact or not. However, in some cases, the "inexactness" of a profiled tone they want is what keeps some from being completely happy with their KPA and thus speaking about it on the forum.