Unpowered Kemper saves the day....again

• We played the worst kind venue for sound last night, very small, low ceiling...and we have a loud drummer...and the soundperson was....well appalling.

Today I sit here with whistling ears as the cymbals were so loud....but I couldn't hear the bass drum.

Anyhow, the soundperson had insisted she was putting the maximum of my guitar to my monitor...but there was almost nothing...and I was crushingly loud out front...I had to tell her to turn down...I was straight to FoH....anyhow, I had my DXR10 in the car just in case....after burning too much time, I asked for 5 mins, grabbed it...and I instantly had all the volume I needed. It did take me a couple of minutes to get the hang of unlinking the monitor from the master...and ended up having to unlink everything.

By the way....each time I hit the output button to get all the different volumes, after a certain amount of time it would time out back to the normal display...

I just saw a mobile phone video of one of the songs....my guitar is crystal clear in the mix....too high in the mix really, but sounded good.

The other guitarist had his Laney on full through an Orange 4 x 12 and was completely lost....which is a pity as his Petrucci style leads are a joy, he's a real talent.

Anyhow, thought I'd just share 1. how great the Kemper was (again) and 2. how taking the DXR10 in the car just in case is worth it! As my Irish friend says, I'd rather be looking at it than for it :)

Cheers,
    Andy