At times don't hear the guitar notes, just hear the "effects" like delay, etc.

• I've played on my Kemper a few times or so. Haven't messed with it much as I've been needing to get an FRFR or whatever as I don't like doing the headphones thing.

But, it still has the factory settings. I've not messed with anything in the software. And I noticed the few times I've messed with it. That there would be times when I'm going through the factory presents (All the different factory installed amps). And sometimes I couldn't hear my guitar notes, but would only hear the "effect". i.e. if there was delay or reverb or something on the setting, then I could hear that, but I couldn't hear my guitar notes. i.e. when I'd pluck the string. And this happened over some of the other presets as I'd flip through them. Like this problem would just happen sporadically and would be there even when flipping through other presets. Then after going through a few like that, I'd then start hearing my guitar notes again.

The first time this happened, I had thought those were just weird presets or something. Kind of like how AxFx as some weird stuff where you can really only hear the "effects".

But then I noticed when going backwards, that those presets that I couldn't hear my guitar on previously. I could then now "hear" my guitar. So that told me something wasn't right and that it wasn't just a weird preset.

I've noticed this randomly the few times I've messed with it.

Has anyone heard of this before? Don't know if this would be a hardware or knob/pot issue, or software.

It's kind of hard to explain. But imagine if there was a delay in the preset. And you pluck your string, but you don't hear the plucked string, but DO hear the "delay" from hitting that string. Imagine if you could isolate JUST the effects part of the sound, and that's all you'd hear.

Like on a preset that had reverb. You couldn't hear your guitar notes, but could just hear this reverb sound.

• please make sure that your Output Source for the Main Out (in the OUTPUT menu - press OUTPUT to get there) is set to "Master Stereo"
    and NOT "Delay/Reverb wet"

although that wouldn't explain the changing behavior...

I'll have to check that out.

But yeah, probably wouldn't explain the changing behavior.