Clawfinger als Schweden, or something. ;)

• Hi everyone.

My name is Jocke Skog and I have been working with modelers and such since back in 1993 when we used a Boss ME-5 and the very first Sansamp. Those were the days. ;)

On my route to where I am today I've been working with Impulse reverbs since 2001, mostly with rooms but later on, cabs. I was the co-owner of Fear and loathing studios together with Meshuggah, so I played around in the studio, miking cabs for months while I was still living on money from those old Clawfinger albums. Btw, I do play the keyboard in the band but that just means that I'm very good at tweaking stuff, and that I can't play guitar solos. ;)

I first laid my eyes on the KPA on NAMM 2010, but I didn't have the right time to test it properly (too much stuff to see). During that time, I was happy with what the AxeFX Ultra could do for me. I've always been irritated that I needed to tweak to get "almost there". Now I have it going to an outboard preamp/compressor/exciter and that makes it feel better. I missed NAMM 2011, but my buddies Fredrik Thordendal and Ola Englund was there and seemed happy enough to get my attention again. I was lucky enough to borrow Olas KPA and did this video: KPA vs Dual Recto

So there it is. I'm saving up. Soon I'll have one too. In teh meantime I'll try to avoid getting into trouble *cough*. :D

Peace.
    /Jocke

Old, fat, proud and pretty damn good at capturing impulses and mixing albums.

• hey Jocke,

great to have you here! :D

I got to the Ultra later than you, but I made it here faster hehehe... :thumbup:

• Willkommen Jocke. We definitely need poeple with your experience here. :thumbup:

Btw, that Recto Profile with the Greenback Speakers sounds badass!!! Mind sharing it??? :)

I might do that in the future. I'll wait until the Hate Ammo - album is out though. ;)

Old, fat, proud and pretty damn good at capturing impulses and mixing albums.