How are you guys finding the Freqout pedal?

• I put it in the Kemper's loop, placed in slot A, and trigger it from the Remote.

• Hi all

Well I plugged the FreqOut in and had a little play.

The good:

Sounds really good and I played over a song I am writing and it made my solos sound that little bit more edgy and does sound like you are recording from a loud amp.

The bad or at least what I have yet to understand:

When playing there are little artifacts when it is tracking. This is a little frustrating as most of my lead is written and recorded on the spot and to record an artifact will mean more retakes.

The other reason I wanted the pedal was I sing so I was hoping for long potentially endless sustain to play whilst I sing on certain tracks. The FreqOut cuts the signal off but not in a nice way, it's like a noise gate is cutting the sound off rather than a nice trail. Now this may be the Kemper noise gate so I may need to experiment more but are you also finding this issue. Even with loads of vibrato it still cuts out so I am wondering if it's the Kemper, the FreqOut or my technique.

All in all if the gating issue can go this is one lovely sounding pedal but if the gate can't be solved it will be going back.

I pray I am missing something.

Cheers all

• The pedal wont give you endless sustain. I was also dissapointed for the first two days. After many experience i found my perfect setting and i know the „gatepoint“. This point depends on the used rig and your technique. The vibrato must be very accurate. I use it with fingervibrato or cibrato from my floyd roses and i ! don‘t use it in auto mode. I put my feet on and got a feel how long the sustain is.

Summary:
    A question how to use
    Practice
    and expect not endless sustain

It‘s def a cool pedal for me and i wont miss it.

If you like hear a soundsample on my soundcloud. Search for eltzejupp and the track is named „noodlin in a lydian friedman mode“.
    It‘s an example using Bert Meulendijks friedman profile. The intro is played with the freqout. One take.

• Hey man

Totally agree that it's not an endless sustain. A compressor before would be great but as I'm reamping I can't put the pedal in a slot and assign it after the compressor.

I have just had another play and I do love the pedal, my lead sounds so cool and using it with the organ style patches on a clean channel give you some fantastic Pink Floyd style atmospheric sounds, I've just spend half an hour on that lol.

I will keep the pedal as it sounds great just a shame about the sustain, actually not the sustain but the abrupt cut off, but it does sound great.

Cheers dude

Mike

• Guys

Well I have to say I do love this pedal. I had to revert to my old reamp box in order to lint it in the case but it works and that's all I care about.

The abrupt ending is very frustrating at times making recording awkward but in the loop with a compressor in front with low intensity the set the loop mix to around 80 to 100% and it does sound fantastic.

I could not recommend this enough for lead playing or soloing as it really brings out the distortion but for held passages I would say don't buy as it is just to random.

I do love the hold a note, let the feedback kick in then slide to another note, give a kind of strange pitched effect I like.

Cheers for you help

Mike

• Where did you set the compressor snd where the loop? Which comp settings do you use?

• Bought one of these and should get it tomorrow. A couple of question for you guys using with a KPA.

• I'm hoping I can stuff the Freqout in the Kemper rack and never have to touch it. If you have the Freqouts footswitch set in latching mode (automode on the pedal), and it is engaged when you remove power, does it powerback up engaged? (would I have to remember to reach in the rack and turn it back on every time I apply power to the rack?)
    • Can it be set to act naturally? Almost all the demos are way over the top. Im hopin it can be set to be always on in "automode" and only respond to higher gain sounds (like a how feedback in front of a gained up amp/cab lead channel is much more err "generatable" than with a clean channel of same volume. Can it do this untouched while I change profiles from clean to dirty?

Excited to see if this can add a bit of missing lively dynamic to our live guitar sound as we all use in ears with no stage cabs or wedge monitoring - so any lively harmonic amp to guitar interaction is impossible and can make it all sound a bit stale when you're really rockin'!

thanks!

• had a few days now with the Freqout and to answer my own questions above..

- does it power back up in its last state? Sadly no. It boots up in the "effect bypassed" state.

- can it be set "always on" and sound natural when changing profies from clean to gain? -Nope, but tbh I kinda expected this to be the case. The work around is to simply to have it in the kpa loop and only have the loop on for the profiles where it suits (mostly gainier leads in my case).

So not perfect for me, but still a seriously cool effect and it now lives in the Kemper loop in the rack. Had a 3+ year run of running just Kemper and Remote for my live rig (no other pedals at all), but I think the Freqout succeeds in generating pretty convincing response and raw coolness to the silent stage IEM gigs and headphone practice sessions.

Really hoping something like this makes an appearance as an onboard KPA effect one day! 8o