Kemper profiles that has actually been used on albums???

• I don’t play it and I don’t like it, I just absolutely detest the ‘cookie monster’ vocals… however I completely respect guitarists who play metal, the good metal players have amazing picking technique…
    I do like ‘Miles away from home’ and ‘High heels and Leather’ songs, but I realize it’s not metal… Just great hard rock!

Eh... Metal doesn't have to have "cookie monster" vocals what are you talking about

Also @IronWord

YES, it will WILL sound pretty much the same.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tone is in the gear. Playing style is in the hands. Very simple!

• Eh... Metal doesn't have to have "cookie monster" vocals what are you talking about
    ———————————————-
    Yes, very true… I should have been more clear, or not even mentioned it… I realize not all metal has cookie monster vocals, my apologies. Sorry for going off topic in this thread, I will Move
    :thumbup: On

• Ok i'll play along

My first thought is" that's not really a good video to prove a point". There needs to be a video that shows some tecnhical prowess not some metal coverd HOnk HOnk HOnk Hooonnnnkkkk garbage that my 8 year old daughter would be able to play and sound like.

my point was, take a technical guitarist like vai, satriani, van halen, rhodes....whoever and rip one of their fire breathing solos and sound the same/ you might sound similar but your not going to sound the same.
    You can do a search on youtube and find just as many videos of tone is in your hands that shows just what im referring to.
    No two guitarist will sound the same and it should be that way.

• Ok i'll play along

My first thought is" that's not really a good video to prove a point". There needs to be a video that shows some tecnhical prowess not some metal coverd HOnk HOnk HOnk Hooonnnnkkkk garbage that my 8 year old daughter would be able to play and sound like.

my point was, take a technical guitarist like vai, satriani, van halen, rhodes....whoever and rip one of their fire breathing solos and sound the same/ you might sound similar but your not going to sound the same.
    You can do a search on youtube and find just as many videos of tone is in your hands that shows just what im referring to.

I cringe every time someone posts that vid to make a point. Weak riffs, followed up by weak playing.

• I cringe every time someone posts that vid to make a point. Weak riffs, followed up by weak playing.

...and horrible tones… Look at the EQ on the 5150 he has with him in the room - bass and treble are pretty much full / wide open and mids are at zero, Yikes!… Sounds like an a.m. clock radio with a broken speaker

• ...and horrible tones… Look at the EQ on the 5150 he has with him in the room - bass and treble are pretty much full / wide open and mids are at zero, Yikes!… Sounds like an a.m. clock radio with a broken speaker

Ha Making me spit out my morning tea laughing at that....lol!

• Ok i'll play along

You're talking about PLAYING STYLE. Not tone.

If two guitarists play their individual solos / style... thats PLAYING STYLE.

Tone is in the gear.

Look.
    [Blocked Image: http://www.jellyfishaudio.com/Fender%20knob%20set%20white2.JPG]

[Blocked Image: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41pYje9TKSL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg]

TONE IS IN THE GEAR.

What a person plays, in their individual style, is... drumroll... PLAYING STYLE.

• Tone is subjective and I do not think it sounded horrible.

What this video doesn't touch on is guitar setup. Every guitarist has a different preference that suits their technique. Which effects the tone.

Give Cederick and I the same guitar and it's going to sound different after we adjust it. His action set up will be for fast and easy picking. Mine will be a higher action for a thicker tone.

So guitar setup and technique are most of the tone. All IMHO as always.

• Still some Di's should be sent with some tone examples too those guys mentioned and the Di's have to be CEDs fingers

Any one can debate wether if I play an E on Eddie van Halens guitar that it will sound the same as eddies e chord and that tone , then play the same solo on that bitch and call that the same tone ;)

It doesn't matter as all as those three need is tone examples and Dis as they can also show examples in the mix

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Most of the tone is amp, cab and mic position. Always.
    Then comes pickup. Then setup.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This video shows how much (or little) the action affects tone.
    First it's RIDICOLOUSLY LOW (and thats lower than I usually had before the video!!!!)
    Then mega high, almost unplayable for me.

So it definitely doesn't make as much didfference as you want it to. So :)

Is higher action better for tone? YES.
    But I cannot play it that way so I have found a compromise.
    I dont have as low as I used to have after doing this test. I raised it a millimeter or two after this.

Playing technique is not part of the tone. Tone is in the gear. Playing technique/style is in the hands.

• CED must be after a specific "tone" in the mix then, as Sinn made great FIREBIRD rigs and Ced played them before , he liked them then, shit man i still play the killer firebird rigs from Sin speed metal not Fing hair metal or cookie monstar metal or clock metal :D

So now the Firebird tones suck? Hmm well Lars and Dan do know what they are doing too and ARE WORTH A SHOT.
    Its not the kemper, its the specific taste then as Sinn' s stuff is up there with the top quality if you have ALL his stuff.

BTW Loomis says your fingers effect tone... :rolleyes:
    I am practicing 8 finger sweep pick and tapping together...
    Try that shit ...Now these pretzels are making me thirsty. :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I understand what you mean with the signal chain, guitar-->cord-->amp-->speaker--> your ear

All of that makes up a signal chain, and out of that signal chain comes sound. With the guitar sitting there if you strum the strings it will make a sound and any person on the planet can strum it and that sound will all be very similar.

Now pick up the guitar and hand it to 5 pro guitar players and have them play the same solo and each one of those guitar players will have a specific timbre and expression in their playing that will create different tone that you hear. I teach cello and i can have 2 students play on the same cello and sound nothing like each other not even close.

That video where that guy tried to show that the tone is not in the hands is not scientific, any guitar player could play through that scooped overly compessed mess and sound the same. Get something more articulate and dynamic then do a comparison of some actual playing.

• What a guy man. Well I know Lars will fix this, i KNOW. I'll Give Lars and Frank a donation too just as a thank you guys :)

Ash

• You're still talking about PLAYING STYLE. Not tone.

If two guitarists play two things with their individual style... You will hear their playing styles!

That's not the tone. The tone is guitar/amp/cab/mic.

It's two different things. I dont see how hard it is to understand this :thumbup:

Otherwise we would have different amps and cabs to get different tones right?

You could sell your Kemper, and get a Behringer practice amp? You have your tone in the fingers, so you will sound like yourself anyway, right?
    That's what I mean! You could save a LOT of money.

Sell all your high-end gear and guitars, and buy a Behringer Guitar Starter Kit, and to record, there's plenty of cheap Karaoke microphones. You dont need a SM57.
    You will still have the same tone, right? :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: