Can someone confirm that this sounds normal?

• Thanks Brah!, actually look up PINE BARK EXTRACT we used it many times to cure tinnitus NO BS :P
    i changed the beer and now i cant hear it :rolleyes::love:8o
    jokes...ah man the kemper is so good when it works :whistling:
    Okay i read that now and thats enough of my BS :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yup, just like you said to check magnets , as it was the DISTANCE and EM interference that caused crackling as per that thread
    Okay so now i make sure my kemper is FAR from me and i ground my self
    and only drink German beer :thumbup:

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Thanks everyone for your feedback on this. The valuation seems somewhat 50:50 so far. There have been several posts regarding such an issue over the time, never really solved. CK once stated this is normal tube amp behaviour (as Ibot39 suggests). What makes me wonder though is that some people say they do not run into this at all. And Ash seems to have this issue on one of his KPAs. Hm...

I do hear another problem in especially the Guido example, which I've also noticed on my guitars (several of them, if not all). I've also contacted Kemper with this, and the result was the same as yours.

Hi Michael, yes I consider this something else besides the NG, too. Noise Gate is only activ in the JCM 800 full (stomp) to show that the issue occurs simultaneously.

Sounds like 60 cycle hum/hiss combined with the noise gate. Tonally it sounds normal, although I would never use any of those tones, personally.

Out of interest, what tones would you use? Some of them are just to show the issue btw, some I do really like.

If you mean the "kind of added high frequency crackling" that appears after hitting the string - yeah, that is normal behaviour.

Hmmmm shouldn't there be a pro recording where this can be heard? Not that I doubt what you are saying, my tube experience is rather low, but there are people here, that obviously do not run across this issue.

Then its not, does yours vanish after a while?
    If so then its the same as mine Bro
    really sorry your having that prob and even worse i cant suggest a solution

Thank you Ash. As others have stated I think it is a bit of a from day to day thing. On some days it's so annoying, that playing lead guitar is not very much fun on other days it seems to be at least way less obvious. But I'm glad you could find the issues (not glad for you of course;) next to a non affected KPA.

Sorry to hear this guys, is it on the toaster's or rack's? Powered versions? Do you use power conditioners or are there any magnets close to your units (KPA"S)?

Non-powered toaster, everything around here is shielded fine :(

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Brother i know its not a fix but i just want to thank you for being fair and raising this issue OK
    IF S0ME 0NE HAS A KEMPER TO LEND HIM TO SEE IF ITS DOES NOT DO THE SAME
    PM PLEASE OK :)

Ash

• Thx so much Ash. I contacted the guitar player from my former drummer's new band, he is using the KPA and we will arrange a comparison. Will take a little time since it is not around the corner, but it's the only way and I will post the result here.

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• IF ANY ONE helps my brother and provides an Alt kemper to test
    I SHOUT YOU A RIG PACK OF YOUR CHOICE FREE

think i am Fng around???. TRY ME :)
    HELP THIS DOOD PLEASE :)
    I wilL shout you rig pack of your choice

FOR THE COMMUNITY

Ashtweth

• I have very little time this weekend. But maybe it helps if you listen to this (no Kemper in the chain):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxfg…for%20Fireloogie.mp3?dl=0

The first few tones are with Magix Vandal Sim and a heavy modded Harley Benton Les Paul with Gibson Pickups.
    From 00:45 you hear a Gibson Les Paul Traditional GT 2009 with some mods into a Laney Ironheart IRT Pulse with 2x ECC83.

I can hear similar "artefacts", especially in the last few notes with the Laney. Or do we talk something different?

• I can hear similar "artefacts", especially in the last few notes with the Laney. Or do we talk something different?

This definitely is at least very close to what I mean by the "crumbling" issue. Weird. I never have had that on any other device before (PODs, Tonelabs, Demonizer, Sansamps...)

Still, I think the noise on the Crunch Rig sample is an issue in its own right. As Ashtweth suggested, the only way to really find out is a comparison which I will do asap.

Thanks a lot your your effort!

• This definitely is at least very close to what I mean by the "crumbling" issue. Weird. I never have had that on any other device before (PODs, Tonelabs, Demonizer, Sansamps...)
    Still, I think the noise on the Crunch Rig sample is an issue in its own right. As Ashtweth suggested, the only way to really find out is a comparison which I will do asap.

Thanks a lot your your effort!

If you mean that kind of "electrical interference / added tsssss" in the Crunch Rig - I can reproduce this on Tube Amps, Tube Preamps, even on some of my transistor combos. It is not noticeable on every amp sim and not on my pocket pod.

I still say: This is the complex, authentic characteristic of the profiled chain - in this case the Crunch Rig - and how it reacts to (your) picking.

• Thanks Brah!, actually look up PINE BARK EXTRACT we used it many times to cure tinnitus NO BS :P
    i changed the beer and now i cant hear it :rolleyes::love:8o
    jokes...ah man the kemper is so good when it works :whistling:
    Okay i read that now and thats enough of my BS :D

Ash

I'm gonna get me some of that shite, thanks ash!!! :thumbup:

I know what you're saying is true in my case as I have a mild case of tinnitus, sometimes :D when I play the Kemper or anything else I hear a specific noise that I learned to live with. the only way to know where the noise is coming from , is turn the Kemper off and if the noise is still there, it can be tinnitus that usually is triggered by playing relatively loud music on not so loud depending on how lucky you are. When I used to work in Manahattan the subway train noises would trigger it more.

I've actually got it as well, but not from loud music - from chemo :cursing:

Anyways, it comes and goes and I've learned to live with it strangely, but ash's suggestion I'm down with.

• Update:

The guitar player from a friend's band was kind enough to do a comparable recording with the crunch rig. And from what both of us hear, that strange spongy static noise in the background is not there. That crumbly behaviour is noticeable though.

Both can be compared here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wbl…yNrINdiDGNW0Bohdqaba?dl=0

Mine: Crunch Rig (Default).mp3
    His: Alt Crunch Rig (Default).wav

It's not because I exported it as an mp3 by the way. It's there when I'm playing.

The guy's suggestion is that something's wrong with my KPA :(

• Have you tried removing the standard noise gate that's always on? I found that removing it (winding it down and locking it helped me) if you then lock the input to stop it coming back on with profiles that may help? If i need a gate i put one on a block!

EDIT: Sorry that was poorly worded, on a bus a battery is about to die! Good luck!

• I knew we would find out by a test of 2 different profilers hence why i hammered the offer, well thats good and bad news, at least now we know we can fix it, but sadly yours might be out of warranty. To tell you the Truth if i keep getting mine i am going to buy another kemper and just honestly tell people what mine was doing and sell it cheap if they want it. I really hope you get a new one man as when the kemper works 100% there is nothing like it.

I am going to do updates and a reset and see if that makes a difference first.
    Just checking but you would of already updated and reset?

Ash

• Thx my friends.

Have you tried removing the standard noise gate that's always on? I found that removing it (winding it down and locking it helped me) if you then lock the input to stop it coming back on with profiles that may help? If i need a gate i put one on a block!

It should be off all the way, but I will double check that just to be sure.

I knew we would find out by a test of 2 different profilers hence why i hammered the offer, well thats good and bad news, at least now we know we can fix it, but sadly yours might be out of warranty.

This is possible, I have to check when I bought it exactly. However, I contacted support regarding this issue within the warranty period so we'll see how they will deal with it. But first I will check any option that is suggested here. Again - thanks Ash!