The Green Scream

• The problem with this stomp is not how it immitates the real TS, because the immitation is very well done.
    The major problem comes with the TS which is absolutely not a transparent stomp, making the sound "honky".
    I really like the pure sound of amps, that's why I would prefer a Xotic BB (like in the axe-fx) that won't change the sound signature of the amp !
    Please Kemper, think about it ;(

• The problem with this stomp is not how it immitates the real TS, because the immitation is very well done.
    The major problem comes with the TS which is absolutely not a transparent stomp, making the sound "honky".
    I really like the pure sound of amps, that's why I would prefer a Xotic BB (like in the axe-fx) that won't change the sound signature of the amp !

I think your missing the point:
    The TS is used so much by players ranging from blues to metal as a boost, because it cuts bass and boosts mids.
    If you want a linear boost, select the Studio Equalizer, leave every band at 0dBs and use the volume parameter (page 4) to dial in the desired boost.
    In fact, with a Studio Equalizer in front of the amp, you can 'build' your very own boost.

• If you want a linear boost, select the Studio Equalizer, leave every band at 0dBs and use the volume parameter (page 4) to dial in the desired boost.

The Pure Boost is a linear one, if all what you need is volume

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

About what?
    A Pure Booster?

CK

• Is it possible to get a Volume and Tone control on the Pure Booster, that would make it a unique & perfect pedal.

there already is a volume control in the pure booster.
    a tone control for a 'transparent' device seems counter-productive. unless it's neutral @ '0' a highshelving filter below and a low shelving filter above that.
    but this can already easily be done with the...

...wait for it...

...studio EQ :thumbup:

i copied this weeks ago from another thread i can't remember. so: thanks to the unfortunately sort of anonymous source ;) it's about the studio eq.

-> here's a setting based on the Xotic EP Booster:

Low
    45Hz
    -12 dB

Mid1
    804.7Hz
    0,128Q
    2,4 dB

Mid2
    15527Hz
    0,432 Q
    -4,9 dB

• there already is a volume control in the pure booster.
    a tone control for a 'transparent' device seems counter-productive. unless it's neutral @ '0' a highshelving filter below and a low shelving filter above that.
    but this can already easily be done with the...

...wait for it...

...studio EQ :thumbup:

I use the current PB Volume control as a gain control to add distortion like a transparent overdrive pedal (BB Pre-amp, Fulltone OCD).
    However, I want to add distortion but control the volume, and I want a Tone control to ease off on the treble.
    In other words, I want the Pure Booster to be my all in one TS9/BB/OCD.

I'll try your Studio EQ tip.

• I use the current PB Volume control as a gain control to add distortion like a transparent overdrive pedal (BB Pre-amp, Fulltone OCD).

right. the increased output of the booster pushes the amp afterwards harder, thus increasing the distortion. However, the booster does not introduce distortion by itself.

I want to add distortion but control the volume

then you need to adjust the amps volume.

• Works very fine for now, just have to play with the volume to get more drive, thanks a lot