My rigs and performances on anu provided kemper

• Hi guys! I've been using my Kemper for a while and I really enjoy it!

I have a gig abroad and the backline offered me to provide a Kemper and a Remote so I can upload my rigs and performances from my pendrive!

My question is

Will it work for sure?!?

I won't know the firmware version until I'll be there should I take a OS update with me just in case?

Thank you

• It should work...

even if its an old firmware, the only impact could be on delays ( which were changed) and morphing ( can't remember when that came in but really sometime ago!).

You could ask them to tell you in advance the firmware...

There are other variables ( global settings, cab's etc) but saves lugging yours over there.

As long as you get some time with it you should be OK, I'd risk it :)

• Coincidentally, I installed a Backup on a different KPA a couple of weeks ago.
    Doing this works even better than @V8guitar indicates - There are no miscellaneous settings to check and adjust. Installing a backup creates an exact clone of the KPA that the backup was created on. Rigs, Performances, Pedal mapping, Input and Output Settings - everything :) it even updates the User Name, so your Favorites can be displayed.

• Just a thought...
    You might consider taking a backup of theirs before you put yours on it, so you can restore it after you are done.
    This will also remove any of your own paid-for rigs from their system.