[LRS] BE Free Man - 2017 Baked Chicken BE 100

• :) glad they are still getting attention.

The Triple is one of my all time favorite amps. Will be hitting these with updates at some point.

Want to do an update for the Fuchs ODS also, was messing with it a few weeks ago and found some really great settings though it was getting very loud and I didn't want to blow the speaker. The ODS is like the Mesa in that it is tricky to dial but once you do it screams.

Glad to hear the Triple Rectifier will be getting some love!

• All my favorite leads so far are from that Triple Rec pack and some of the present speed metal rigs also (Loomis 7 string Seymour black outs)
    I stopped there and still need to go through the rest, now that i know Pat's punk rigs are there, there is obviously more.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• All my favorite leads so far are from that Triple Rec pack and some of the present speed metal rigs also (Loomis 7 string Seymour black outs)
    I stopped there and still need to go through the rest, now that i know Pat's punk rigs are there, there is obviously more.

Ash

[Blocked Image: http://i67.tinypic.com/2ym7neg.jpg]

Those are the ones I mainly use. I need to go back through the packs though. I'm sure I'll find more.

• :)

V13 is on the site.

This time only 6 profiles in the BE mode, same speakers but using a R121 with the C12k to make it fuller.

I really liked the Greenbacks. The Jensen was too thin for me, but I didn't try those ones in a mix. I think I'll like the new ones better, when I try them.

• V13 download button is labelled correctly but the left side text still says V12 - will check these out with interest.

Just spent some time with these - the C12K profiles are marvelous with a tele. Nothing ice-picky at all even on the bridge pickup and parallel settings. SM7b and Royer both work for me - more bottom end with the 121. Eg A on the 6th string alternating with the upper strings holds its own more with more fundamental audible.

• I really liked the Greenbacks. The Jensen was too thin for me, but I didn't try those ones in a mix. I think I'll like the new ones better, when I try them.

Thanks for the report. It is possible the first batch of Jensen will be useful to some but the second batch IMO are better.

I am still amazed every time I try a different monitoring system and the sound is represented differently. What is everyone using for monitoring?

• Thanks for the report. It is possible the first batch of Jensen will be useful to some but the second batch IMO are better.
    I am still amazed every time I try a different monitoring system and the sound is represented differently. What is everyone using for monitoring?

KRK Rokit rp6 G3

• Just spent some time with these - the C12K profiles are marvelous with a tele. Nothing ice-picky at all even on the bridge pickup and parallel settings. SM7b and Royer both work for me - more bottom end with the 121. Eg A on the 6th string alternating with the upper strings holds its own more with more fundamental audible.

Great to hear. I was happy with the C12k and SM7b at first but after doing the Greenback they seem to be missing some low mids in comparison so I grabbed the Royer. Much better.

• Thanks for the report. It is possible the first batch of Jensen will be useful to some but the second batch IMO are better.

mainly jbl lsr5 studio monitors. I also use a Xitone MBritt, but it's in my living room, so I usually just use the monitors.

• Just spent some time with these - the C12K profiles are marvelous with a tele. Nothing ice-picky at all even on the bridge pickup and parallel settings. SM7b and Royer both work for me - more bottom end with the 121. Eg A on the 6th string alternating with the upper strings holds its own more with more fundamental audible.

At your mention I just lost my lunch hour playing be c12k 1 with my Tele with the gain at 3.5 and bmtp to taste. Oh, I really do like the effects loaded. Turn on chorus, delay and Reverb for some amazing tones.

• Yeah - similar sort of settings for me - stereo widener and delay + reverb works well on headphones particularly. The breakup of the BE is different to the Dr Z sound pf course but I wonder how the Brad Paisleys of the world would like these sounds.

• Throwing caution to the wind :)

Maybe this is really bad, I dunno.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hopefully everyone reads my post above before listening :)

• That tone sounds very good to my ears.

• Had a bit of a go at drop 14. PJ 2,4 and 6 all had a little less gain and a lot more clarity and they worked really well for me with single coils. The creamback profiles are reasonably dark profiles - seemed maybe a little too dark with EMG SAs and 11s on the guitar - but with brighter guitars like a tele or a Luke III say they work well - nice balance without being overly harsh. Lighter strings tend to be brighter also.

I think the BE sounds great when the gain is not too high. I have really liked the lower gain profiles from some other vendors like MF and I'm glad to see you mining that seam here.

Had a crack at these with the LP bridge pickup - very happy. The G12C profiles sound awesome with the LP. Again 2 4 an 6 were best for me with the Jack - love the clarity. The creambacks are very pleasing again with the LP. The 1e sounds awesome for single line but I prefer the other 3 for riffing. I see that you have comp and soft shaper on for 1e - sounds better for me playing riffs with those off but lead lines at the 12th fret sound good with them on.
    The V30 profile is brighter and sounds pretty good to me.

• Thanks much @Antipodes for the report!

Indeed, the amp profiles easier with mid gain (which actually seems more than mid.) These are tests to get to know how the speakers react to the amp. I am pleasantly surprised, I hadn't like the Marshall V30 and Creamback with other amps and they work well here.

Its funny, I almost deleted PJ 1-6. Glad I didn't. :) As I always say, its really hard to anticipate what will work for everyone.