Can you save Monitor Volume per Rig?

• I'm trying to help a fellow KPA user who wants to use his KPA live.

He wants to send an even volume to FOH through the Main Output but wants different volumes for his on stage sound through the Monitor Output.
    I've tried to find a way to save different Monitor Volume settings per Rig but have not found a way.

Can someone solve this for us?

Cheers,

Mats N

• The only volume that is stored together with the Rig is the Rig volume. Monitor volume is a global parameter. The only way to control it independently from the rest is by using a dedicated expression pedal.

• The only volume that is stored together with the Rig is the Rig volume. Monitor volume is a global parameter. The only way to control it independently from the rest is by using a dedicated expression pedal.

Thanks for your help!

I didn't know that you could control the Output volume parameters through MIDI CC.
    Unfortunately that's not good enough for my friend as he needs programmability.

Cheers,

Mats N

• You can control Monitor Output Volume via expression pedal either connected to the Profiler, or the Remote or via MIDI control change #73. This pedal function had been added to enable the creation of controlled feedback on stage.

Generally, input and output routing, sources as well as output volumes are not stored in any Rig in order to keep Rigs interchangeable and compatible for any environment.

Why isn't it sufficient for your fellow user to unlink the Main Output from Master Volume? This way he can send one constant Main Output Volume to FOH and use Master Volume to adjust the Monitor Output Volume as needed. I don't understand, how the Rig Volumes stored in the Rigs can be correctly balanced for FOH, bur require Rig by Rig intervention on stage. That doesn't sound logical to me.

• Why isn't it sufficient for your fellow user to unlink the Main Output from Master Volume? This way he can send one constant Main Output Volume to FOH and use Master Volume to adjust the Monitor Output Volume as needed. I don't understand, how the Rig Volumes stored in the Rigs can be correctly balanced for FOH, bur require Rig by Rig intervention on stage. That doesn't sound logical to me.

Hi Burkhard,

Thanks for chiming in from the mothership.

At first I didn't get it at all either, but then I did.

He want to send Main Out to FOH for the audience and the Monitor Output also to the FOH but only for monitoring use for the band on stage. He's only using 5 rigs and it's the fifth that poses the problem. FOH technician always seem to forget when the solo so therefore the fifth rig is his solo sound and tas he doesn't trust the FOH guy to do it right that sound is significantly louder for the audience but not for the stage monitors. The same volume jump on stage doesn't work with the band. Thus he needs to be able to program different volume levels for different outputs for the same rig.

He doesn't have this problem with his Helix, but then the Helix doesn't have the sound and feel of the KPA.

So, I'm meeting him tomorrow for setting up his new KPA live rig and I see if the expression pedal can be used to his satisfaction.

Cheers,

Mats N