Is it possible to build an analog switch for the KPA that has more than 2 buttons?

• I don't really know how any of it works, and I've only found one post about a DIY analog AB selector/channel switch.
    It has an UP and a Down switch, is there a way to build one with more switches?

Is there a way to hook up 2 AB switches to the kemper (totalling 4 buttons)

I know this is probably a big facepalm to the guys that know but please fill me in

• The Profiler offers 2 pedal inputs. Each one can handle a dual foot switch. If you put 4 switches into one casing you will need to connect it to the Profiler with 2 TRS cables.

Do you think making a 4-switch stompbox using 2 cables is ridiculous? or should I go for it? I'm not really sure if it's practical.

• I found a cheap Fender 4 button switch at a flea market for about $20 Cdn.
    Added a MIDI socket to it.
    Then made a short MIDI break-out cable with two TRS plugs on the end.
    So now I can use a MIDI cable of any length to connect the switch to the KPA.
    Works like a charm.
    If I knew how to post pictures here now that Photobucket is all messed up I would.
    If you want to see pics, PM me your email address.

• I've been looking for a while to activate deactivate fx within a rig. I don't have a Remote but are using a Roland FX-200 midi controller. So I if I want to deactive let's say reverb or delay or gain then I need a second rig with these settings. This means making sometimes several rigs for the same song... (Yes, I know, not very efficient..and uses a lot of capacity of controller)
    I wonder if I can activate/deactivate individual fx within any rig, using switches for this purpose like this one (for two different fx in the rig ??) : https://www.boss.info/us/products/fs-6/ and assign the fx to such footswitches

• Sorry to bump this with another question, but my dad asked me if a switch like this can be faulty and damage the hardware inside the kemper.
    I honestly never thought about it and I said no without second thought. But then the second thought came about, has anything like this every happened? I have experience with soldering so I don't think it's possible.

• I don't think so, because all your switch does is connect signal to ground, so you could have some serieus shortcircuits in your switch before you do damage. Even connecting your 2 signals together wont so many harm, this will occur in an expression pedal on full. Well, maybe mixing up your 2 expression inputs could, but don't really think so...

If you would integrate with other things, involving battery or phantom power and so on that would be a different question... Then again, Ive seen things connected which shouldnt be connected, 48V on the wrong outputs, and so on and so on, things which don't even involve soldering.... Yes, sometimes that means an output will be fried, other times stuff just keeps working. Many things depend on how an input or output is designed...

But hey, if you want to be sure, use your multimeter to measure faults before you use it...

• I don't think so, because all your switch does is connect signal to ground, so you could have some serieus shortcircuits in your switch before you do damage. Even connecting your 2 signals together wont so many harm, this will occur in an expression pedal on full. Well, maybe mixing up your 2 expression inputs could, but don't really think so...

If you would integrate with other things, involving battery or phantom power and so on that would be a different question... Then again, Ive seen things connected which shouldnt be connected, 48V on the wrong outputs, and so on and so on, things which don't even involve soldering.... Yes, sometimes that means an output will be fried, other times stuff just keeps working. Many things depend on how an input or output is designed...

But hey, if you want to be sure, use your multimeter to measure faults before you use it...

How do I do that? I have a multimeter but... never used it. thanks for the help

• I've been looking for a while to activate deactivate fx within a rig. I don't have a Remote but are using a Roland FX-200 midi controller. So I if I want to deactive let's say reverb or delay or gain then I need a second rig with these settings. This means making sometimes several rigs for the same song... (Yes, I know, not very efficient..and uses a lot of capacity of controller)
    I wonder if I can activate/deactivate individual fx within any rig, using switches for this purpose like this one (for two different fx in the rig ??) : https://www.boss.info/us/products/fs-6/ and assign the fx to such footswitches

Yes, you sure can.
    If you got two FS-6’s, you could do that with 4 effects.

• How do I do that? I have a multimeter but... never used it. thanks for the help

You usually have a function to measure out shorts (or diodes, that why that function is usually labelled with a diode). Its really easy: when you let the 2 probes touch each other, or you measure a short, the multimeter beeps.

So in practice, you choose that function, and start to measure all possible combinations: from jack1-ground to jack1 tip, jack 1 gound to jack 1 ring, jack 1 tip to jack 1 ring. Than jack 1 ground to jack 2 ring, 1 ground to 2 tip, and so on, 'till you have every possible shortcircuit ruled out. In this case there'll be 15 combinations... Quite good practice, not only to prevent equipment damage, but also to rule out headaches during soundcheck ;) If you ever solder 40 channel multicores for FOH and monitordesk + Fx rack multis, with al sort of spiders, looms, breakoutboxes and multiconnectors, youll be glad you did this before you went to do a gig with it ;)

On sight I can't see anything went wrong...

• Nice, I did just that and found out I didn't have continuity from one end to another, I resoldered the connection and then I finally plugged it in (as I happened to get my dual trs cables delivered just now) and it all works great! Now... to prevent me from going from 1 performance into the next one would be nice. Not sure how to do that. Time to read up.