Kemper into Apollo Twin Duo? I want to record the DI along with the processed sound.

• I'm so confused. I've read some other posts here and people mentioned needing a spidf to optical converter while another person mentioned needing TWO converters? I basically just want the best sound from my Kemper into Pro Tools while capturing the DI as well, just in case I need to reamp. From what I've read, I can send the DI to my Apollo via SPIDF using a converter, but is this also sending the processed sound as well? Or is that sent via the line out on the back? My Kemper is still being shipped and I'd love some help figuring out exactly what cables/converters I need to order before it gets here. Thanks :)

• I'm so confused. I've read some other posts here and people mentioned needing a spidf to optical converter while another person mentioned needing TWO converters? I basically just want the best sound from my Kemper into Pro Tools while capturing the DI as well, just in case I need to reamp. From what I've read, I can send the DI to my Apollo via SPIDF using a converter, but is this also sending the processed sound as well? Or is that sent via the line out on the back? My Kemper is still being shipped and I'd love some help figuring out exactly what cables/converters I need to order before it gets here. Thanks :)

Hi, I am that guy that said two converters.

Using a single converter will send both channels of SPDIF, i.e. left and right. This will allow you to record the dry and effected signals.

Keep in mind that if you want to reamp using SPDIF, you have to connect both the input and output. This requires an optical to coax SPDIF converter box and a coax to optical SPDIF converter box so that you can go both ways.

• Thanks for the reply. So is it even possible to reamp through the Kemper using an Apollo Twin? I know it has 2 line outs on the back. Would I route the DI to one of those and send it to the Kemper, which would feed it back into the Apollo via SPIDF?

• Thanks for the reply. So is it even possible to reamp through the Kemper using an Apollo Twin? I know it has 2 line outs on the back. Would I route the DI to one of those and send it to the Kemper, which would feed it back into the Apollo via SPIDF?

Here is something I learnt from Mothership when I tried to reamp using a hybrid of analog output and digital input.

In order to use the Profiler in a digital setup the external audio interface needs to be the clock sync slave. The Profiler sends the clock from its digital out. Therefore it is crucial that you use two SPDIF cables to connect both the input and the output of the Profiler with the audio interface if you want to do reamping over SPDIF.

Probably better to just go all analog. Don't worry, there is no reduction in quality :)

• You can reamp using the Apollo with a hybrid setup.
    You have to send the recorded DI track from one of the analog outputs into the PROFILER and use the S/PDIF out of the PROFILER to send the reamped signal back to the Apollo. The S/PDIF output source needs to be set to Git/Stack while recording the DI and to Master Stereo during the actual reamping process.