Ash Heavy Special - Cameron on doom , electro psych track

• Here is a doomy , stoner track with some psychedelic inspirations as well. Drumbox gives a bit of 2000 era White zombie stuff.

Ash Heavy Special

Drums are a nasty distorded drum machine , all others instruments are : semi hollow on cameron CCV amp & fuzz, hofner bass on 1959 fender amp and a korg monotron also on fuzz , delay & FX as this little beasty went thru the KPA aswell. Mix is dirty and obscure , but it's on purpose.

I just moved to a new house , and just had a short while to mix this one, it's a nightmare as I got some horrible reflections in this concrete building :( Lots of work for me to get a proper tone out of my room...

And yes this one is dedicated to Ash , a very cool forum member & metal head that will surely have some fun with this track while drinking a beer.

Have fun mate !

R

• Whoa!!, Renaud what a surprise man!, how impressive is that!... i thought i was seeing things for a second , Man i LOVE stoner, electro & psychedelic!, i have even been checking out blaxploitation stuff since you last mentioned it! :D . Ah man shucks what a treat!, this could come straight out of a movie brother, each one of these tracks are getting better IMHO.

I love the hook, i love the pace and the old school fuzz vibe ..the change into the outro.
    Man i love it!! <3:love: , i would buy this track brother!. Plays like a story to me man.

Thanks a lot Renaud, I am not just blown away with the talent here, you guys are just as nice as you are talented man
    And thats the truth, lucky i saw this before beers or you would all be putting up with the i love you guys :D

This is Heavy too man!!
    I love it Renaud!!
    What a treat man
    Thank you so much :)
    One day I gotta get a good recording to say thanks to this my friend.
    I really love this man!! GREAT Job

Sincerely
    Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Thx a lot guys, I'm happy you liked it and yes the intro doom is something I could use for a whole track, that would be really cool with some creepy vocals.

I wanted to take my semi hollow to it's limits in terms of gain, and the cameron CCV is my best option for this, A tad of fuzz did add the doomy touch.

Many thx for the kind comments Ash, the track is not for sale but if you stream it , or my whole playlist once in a while I'll earn some tokens ( the notes used on this platform are a form of beta stage crypto tokens).

cheers ,

R

• This is awesome - I can definitely see some of the White Zombie-esque feel. It has such a badass driving beat to it. Great overlaying harmonies - the song also develops very well! Nice job man!

• Hey Renaud,

What a great track. I never listened to White Zombie so I can't comment on that but your sonic landscape had me hooked from the beginning. Great dramatic development in the arrangement!

Cheers,

Mats N

• thx Mats ,

I'll be writing more of these electro rock tracks in the future as they seem very popular , using drumbox is easier and cheaper than hiring my great italian drummer

Thx for the comments about the arrangements , the secret cooking secret is a mixture of ebow, real fuzz pedal, crinkles delays and cool profiles like the pads I did a while ago and put on rig Ex. :)

• Well how do you know when a sound/style artist influences you?, is it when you listen to it more than you need too and think about it a lot and as a result it inspires you to play and write?

Well shit, now Renaud is an influence, cause its been happening man, i really love this track and i am writing as a result.
    Is there a Renaud shirt? :D . Just wanted to thank you again my friend,
    BTW i cant wait to get my white Falcon and get stuck into the hollow body pack :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• i really love this track and i am writing as a result.

Best comments I've seen so far , many thx Ash, I'm so happy it inspires you into writing your own stuff.

It took 25 years to build my tone , but I think I'm done with that part :)

Regarding my style, I've only been told a few times that I have my own ; recipe is a distinctive play style ( no pick often ) a tone ( semi hollow, P90, low & med gain most often , vox & marshall, lots of FX ) and some redundant track style I like to play & write : classic rock, stoner, psych, but smooth stuff as well and a few garage stuff and shoogaze tricks on top.

Like muddy says, if I can plagiarize myself , now I have style ;) lots of my tracks did not take the streaming way because of that , too caricatural and always sounding the same.

Many thx again Ash for your interest and let us hear that White Falcon :)