ABY Stereo Setup

• Hey guys,

i am still fiddling with an external solution to switch the stereo outs on and off seperately. I achieve this by using an ABY Box in one of the effects loop. Since i recently got the kemper stage to get rid of cable chaos on stage, i wonder if there might be a solution to replace my external ABY switch as well by using the inbuild FX switches. What i am looking for is one FX Button turns on the solo mode (basically one of the two outputs is muted) and another button switches the channels (changes from left to right and backwards) while the first button still has to disable the "solo mode" in any condition. I fiddled already with FX shifting the stereo setup to one side and this works pretty well, but i still have to deactivate both fx seperately, when FX 2 is activated and i wanna return to full stereo sound.

Does anyone has a solution to this?

Best Regards,

Robert

• thegabezone:

We are playing with only one guitar live, but we have breaks in our songs, where the guitar plays on only one side and also switches with the other side.

I am super happy because i just found the solution.

I created a seperate rig with i stored in my performance using one FX button with the Chromatic Pitch Shifted to one side. Then by using the morphing feature i switched the FX setting to pan the sound to the other side. Now I can switch between left and right, just by pressing the same rig footswitch and the change can even be configures fluently by setting up the morphing time! I am so relieved :D

• Oh wonderful ..
    Tho .. I'm curious tho .. Why ??
    Are panning the signal for the listener to hear it only on one side of the stage/venue/mix??
    or are you routing different outputs to different places for signal processing ?

• I would do it differently.

I would assign an expression pedal to the Panorama control and set this to Morph between Left and Right you on one copy of a rig. This will let you position the sound any where you like in the stereo field in real time. However, if you don’t want to use an expression pedal you could also use the second touch Morph feature so the bas state would be Left and the second touch would morph to Right at whatever speed you want (including instantly). I would also store a copy of the rig in another slot to make it easy to switch to the rig with Panorama dead center for when you want a normal base state.

Alternatively, if you would prefer not to use morphing but are happy to use three different rigs just set up a performance with Slot one Panorama Left, Slot 2 Panorama Center and slot 3 Panorama Right.