Firmware Update

• I'm attempting to update to system 7.09 but that process has been going on for well over an hour with just the "Kemper Profiler" main screen showing.

How much longer would you wait before attempting to pull the flash drive out, cut the power, etc in order to start over?

• This is just wonderful sarcastically speaking: Just upgraded from 6x to 7.09 and the Kemper is operating like crap.

Nothing happens when buttons are pressed or there is a ridiculous lag.

It locks up and nothing happens.

Parts of the data on the screen are blinking or are missing.

Ever since firmware 5.x, I've had nothing but endless issues with the Kemper. They really need to focus on the firmware or something. I can't use it live anymore after paying so much for it. I already sent it back to be fixed once and that was distant, time wasted and expensive.

Can you go back to older versions?

• Monkey Man, my rig is not that full; 46 profiles. Just noticed there are 256 "preset packs" that I didn't know existed and 9 performances.

I just turned it on today and will see how it's working. Maybe it healed itself after a night a sleep! I'm not holding my breath.

• I'm afraid you should work (again) with support.

It’s clearly not the FW that’s the culprit but could well be a hardware problem.

Not sure why you call previous support contacts a waste of time, but C’mon, who else can deal with this professionally?

• Ingolf, I didn’t call tech support a waste of time. Sending the unit elsewhere in this country was a waste of time. I had to make other arrangements whilst the unit was gone and that was very difficult and time consuming.
    Anyway, I used the Kemper this morning for about an hour and it worked fine except for one thing: The Kemper won’t respond to my wah expression pedal anymore. It completely ignores it. I checked; the wah plugin is active and locked as it has been for many years. This upgrade to 7.09 caused it to stop working. Need some help with that if anyone can offer some. Thanks.

• I read the update notes for 7.12 that clearly showed there was a midi problem they fixed. I completed the upgrade though I still have an annoying problem whereby my wah expression pedal is not being read by the Kemper any longer. Apparently there is still a midi problem that wasn't fixed at least for me. My other expression pedal is being read fine so I know it's not the pedals themselves.