Serious 'jogging' on the browse toggle.......

• Over the last week my 'browse' toggle has become slightly (well quite a bit!) unresponsive - meaning it jumps sometimes through presets. Has anyone else experience this? It INCREDIBLY frustrating :cursing: Can this be another firmware problem or is my machine, after only a months use!!!!, already showing signs of bad workmanship. Just to clarify, I look after my equipment and have never experienced anything like this - especially after 1 month!!!

Im interested to hear your views or any other button or dial related problems..

• Also I should note that the dial sometimes goes backwards instead of going forwards and also sometimes skips 1 or 2 presets and goes to the 3rd...you can see this being a bore and irritating on such an expensive piece of kit. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

• Also I should note that the dial sometimes goes backwards instead of going forwards and also sometimes skips 1 or 2 presets and goes to the 3rd...you can see this being a bore and irritating on such an expensive piece of kit. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

You mean that it makes 1 click but jumps 3 presets? If that is the case I would contact support (the product comes with an international warranty). Keep in mind that the single components are made by sub-suppliers and 100% quality doesn't exist in industrial processes. You get faulted components also by Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari and so for....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• You mean that it makes 1 click but jumps 3 presets?

yes VERY frustrating! If we had the EDITOR for pc and mac (Come on Kemper this IS the most requested feature) This would be only a pinch...but trying to rename files and move through presets is VERY VERY ARRRRGGGHH... :cursing:

• I've been concerned about wear and tear on the selector knob also, with so many profiles it gets a LOT of use.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Just another thought that passed my mind today.....This problem only really arose since the update to FW 1.08....BUT more significantly I thought maybe, just maybe The fault could be with my amount of profiles I have stored...I have currently just over 1500 stored profiles..i know i know...but hey I LOVE my KPA :D I have read a few times that the highest amount you can store is 1000. What do you guys think also Christoph if you might be able to shine a bit of light on this situation I would be happy. I just cant believe after just over a months use that the browse toggle really can develop such a fault ?( Can it be a firmware issue?? Or maybe do I have too many profiles added?? :thumbup:

I had the Exact same thing happen on an axe fx ultra. In my case it was a bad encoder pot that needed replacing

• I'm having similar issues, actually. Not to the extent where I'm convinced it's broken... it's just "fussy". When I rotate the browse knob to select a profile it sometimes seems to do nothing, then it will jump but not auto-load, then I'll turn again and it will jump two instead of one... I haven't gotten a really consistent handle on whether this is a mechanical problem, slow OS, or just me not getting how the UI is supposed to work. I think it's some combination of 2 of the 3. :)

Like you, I'm not willing to part with my KPA right now. I'm going to try to find a work around using up/down/left/right profile selector keys until I start to get a better feel for things.

But overall YES I think the lifespan of both the potentiometer and the profile selection buttons is a concern. They are going to see some serious mileage from users with 100's of profiles! I started to notice mine sounding and feeling different within a couple of hours of use.

• I have experienced another similar problem bit it has nothing to do with FW uppgrade.
    Sometimes, quite often, when I change i.e. Cab or Rig fast with the encoder the screen showes the one I want but the sound is from the Cab or Rig placed before or after the one I chosed.
    Anyone else having the same issue?
    Mike

• Mike, yes, definitely. I think your problem is what I described as "then it will jump but not auto-load", above. Of the three possible explanations - mechanical, OS, or user error - I think OS is the most probable at this point. It just seems like "auto-load" is too tall an order for the OS to keep up.

Regrettably few hours spent with the KPA this weekend, but the next obvious thing to check is whether the knob feels/ responds any better when Auto-load is turned off.

• Of course we could avoid all this is a future update to the KPA allowed the USB Host port to support USB HID profiles, then we could simply connect a spare USB ASCII keyboard to the Kemper and type in the names - rather like an old Yamaha / Akai multitrack.

That would be awesome. I've got a mini QWERTY keyboard (something like 4" across) that would be perfect sitting next to the KPA.

• Hello all.
    I had the KPA for two weeks at home, and I have literally gone mad, to understand the several issues that had my unit. I lost sleep and work trying to run the KPA as I expected to.
    I want to said that I work all my life as a sound engineer, composer and arranger. So if I'm not completely stupid, something I had to learn in all this time...
    For most people, like me, the KPA is like a "dream come true", so after having returned to the store my unit, I continued to follow this forum regularly, hoping to see solved all these problems and buy a new KPA that well do his work.
    The most important thing for me is obviously the quality of the profile. I have done hundreds of tests, and I was not able to reproduce the real sound of an amp, in all its components. I can also withstand that the profile is not tonally identical to the original sound, but I expect that the profile sounds like a real sound.

First thing I really miss that way is this:
    If you listen carefully to a guitar, recorded through an amp with a microphone (any one), feel that every note has its own place in the space. The same sound profiled by the KPA, it loses this dimensionality, everything is concentrated at one point and not in a space. You must think I'm crazy, but in a mix with multiple tracks, the quality loss is substantial if the recordings do not have their own space, even the direct out recordings, live in a own space.
    Another thing I miss is the separation between the individual strings. The sound is not in focus as the original.
    Also:
    -To get a quite similar timbre, must well eq the track.
    -The absence of the "bell-like highs" in the clean presets of VOX, Orange, etc. ...such kind of crystal, bright, irreplaceable tone you can hear in hundred of historical tracks...
    To my ears all of this it sounds more like a lack of informations on the profiled sound... hope I'm wrong...

to be continued...

• Continuing... because I think is just a fixable bug, I'll don't mention:

-a fizz when adding presence or treble on different Clean preset,
    - the big Knob sometime don't want jump to the profile mode,
    -the "up\down" soft knob, sometime demonstrate their own willingness,
    - and other issues well know in this forum,

MAYBE I OWNED A CHINESE CLONE OF KPA?

Do not get me wrong, I do not want teach anything to anyone...the only point is this:
    I purchased the KPA because everywhere out there in the web, is said that the KPA exactly reproduces the real sound ...SORRY... IS NOT TRUE!
    So I'm still waiting for the dream come true ....there is a hope?

Finally, I wanted to write all this privately to CK, but is not possible...
    sorry for my english...

• Of course we could avoid all this if a future update to the KPA allowed the USB Host port to support USB HID profiles, then we could simply connect a spare USB ASCII keyboard to the Kemper and type in the names - rather like an old Yamaha / Akai multitrack.

YES YES YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!! That would be a GREAT feature :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: