The Mono Kai is a 1 x 12 OR 1 x 15 cabinet that can house the Kemper Kone driver.
Our ‘first one’ and the ‘primary rock’ of Kammler Tunator® Cabinets.
Now available for ‘Kemper’ Profiling Amps with ‘Kone G12G-200’ speaker.*
This is where a 12″ or 15″ speaker can unfold uniquely and fully, i.e. without competing and overlapping vibrations.
The mono-modular design allows for maximum precision of the sound/tone. At the same time the sound is ‘transparent’ and differentiated. It allows you to perceive playing behaviour (the attack) incredibly quickly and offers many additional combination options:
- greater flexibility in terms of requirements (Club/Hall),
- which makes for easier and lighter transport.
- stereophonic or polyphonic set-up options by separation.
- sound mixture by using different speaker types in each case.
- Expansion of the sound spectrum by combining with the Bi-Kini.
* With the Kemper® Kone-Speaker available only in ‘black on green’ Tolex. Open cabinet housing is prepared for a optional rear panel.
See it here:
The cab uses an truly innovative driver mounting system using what Kammler calls the Tunator.
In the Kammler Tunator® Cabinet, the individually dampened and framed speaker is connected to the surrounding housing casing. The magnetic driver is additionally fixed by the Tunator® and set into the middle of the housing casing.
The individual fine tuning, the ‘tuning’ of the vibration characteristics of the cabinet, can be done mechanically by the tension unit.
I am speculating that the Tunator allows you to change driver size from 12 to 15 inch quite easily. This looks like a great way to house a Kone.