browsing cabinets

• I am new to KPA. There are so many rigs preinstalled, but when I want to browse the cabinet (or the amplifier) I only find just a few of them in the list that appears there. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to save myself those cabinets and amps that I would like to have in the amp- and cabinet browse list?

Another (stupid) beginners question: when I browse the cabinets the autoload activates it immediatly. Thats fine, but how can I get out without having this one stored? Is there an ESC-button?
    Is there an easy way to reload a rig, discarding the changes that I made since last store?
    Is there an indicator that shows me that changes have been made to a rig?

many thanks
    Olaf

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

Edited 2 times, last by fretboardminer ().

• The default cabs are limited with the KPA.
    You can save your own by loading the profile of your choice.. - hold down cabinet button, then you can press "store" to add this cab to the cab section. - but a quicker way is to get tills cabs as they are better than the stock in most cases. (dont have a link for you but search forum for "tills cabs")

You can deactivate autoload if you wish, its a little tick box under system, "autoload" might be in rig section, one or the other :) (not next to the KPA atm)

You can tweek all you want to a rig, but it will only get stored if you press the store button, - if you want to reload the same rig then simply turn the browse knob to a new rig, and back again.

Edited rigs are marked with a small "E" next to the auhor of the amp (far right of the screen) - not particually clear I know.

Thats it.. have fun!.

• One thing that does puzzle me.

If I change the cab on a Profile and then want to go back to the original cab, I have to re load the original Profile/Rig to get back to the original cab...correct?

• One thing that does puzzle me.

If I change the cab on a Profile and then want to go back to the original cab, I have to re load the original Profile/Rig to get back to the original cab...correct?

depends..if the original cab is saved by itself you can just select it

• depends..if the original cab is saved by itself you can just select it

That is exactly what puzzles me: in my KPA there are just a few of all the cabinets used saved. So it can happen that you check out a new Rig, you just want to try how this new Rig sounds with a different cabinet and then there is no way back. Except the method that and44 proposed:

simply turn the browse knob to a new rig, and back again

So I guess the only way is to store a cab that I find interesting first as a cab so that it is available in other rigs. Well that's ok. I was just hoping there is something like a ESCAPE button like on my computer, that you can hit and it exits without saving the changes I made.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• That is exactly what puzzles me: in my KPA there are just a few of all the cabinets used saved. So it can happen that you check out a new Rig, you just want to try how this new Rig sounds with a different cabinet and then there is no way back. Except the method that and44 proposed:

So I guess the only way is to store a cab that I find interesting first as a cab so that it is available in other rigs. Well that's ok. I was just hoping there is something like a ESCAPE button like on my computer, that you can hit and it exits without saving the changes I made.

It will be the future UNDO ;)

• It will be the future UNDO ;)

Ahh - I see!!
    Wow - well that is completly new, these software updates.
    There is no such thing for my champ ...

www.audiosemantics.de

• How do you get the KPA to see a folder of Cabinet files? I have a subfolder in Shared on my USB stick, but have no idea how to get the cabinets in the KPA to use with different amps. Also, would be great that the KPA would automatically save the Amp and cabinet when loading full rigs.

• depends..if the original cab is saved by itself you can just select it

True.
    But, there's no way I'll remember what I named the original cab at the time I saved it, unless I named it the exact same name as the Profile it came from.
    Who names the cab they save with the name of the original Profile...I don't?

"Undo" is the only future solution.

• The thing I hate about cab autoload is that it will automatically load and exit after a few seconds. Kind of tedious trying to audition cabs. I wish you could just stay in browse and preview each cab and when you found the one you want then you could choose to load or escape.

• How do you get the KPA to see a folder of Cabinet files? I have a subfolder in Shared on my USB stick, but have no idea how to get the cabinets in the KPA to use with different amps. Also, would be great that the KPA would automatically save the Amp and cabinet when loading full rigs.

The KPA has seen the folder of Cabinets in your 'Shared' folder, the cabinets are already in your KPA...you just don't know it. :)

Press the Cabinet button, then use the Browse knob and you'll see all the cabinets.

• I'm only seeing cabinets that were imported via a folder/USB. Is there any way for the Kemper to add each cabinet from a rig automatically or do I have to save the cabinet separately after auditioning a rig?

• I'm only seeing cabinets that were imported via a folder/USB. Is there any way for the Kemper to add each cabinet from a rig automatically or do I have to save the cabinet separately after auditioning a rig?

You need to do it per rig. CK told that they will change this at some point, but not yet

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• As long as you don't save the rig it will remain as it was before you made any changes. However, if you want to get back to the original cab you'll either have to load it (if it's been saved and is available), or load another rig then come back to this one.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer