EHX Electric Mistress

• Trying to get the Andy Summers sound 'Roxanne' but failing miserably. He used an EHX Electric Mistress but the Kemper Flanger doesn't nail it. Tried adding various mild 'distortions' and 'eqs' into the mix but no luck. Once I put my old Hartman Flanger in front of the Kemper.... ta dah!!... there it is. Any chance of the EHX pedal being included? It would be very useful for those Mr Gilmore tones too.

Thanks

Flanger

The Flanger effect shares the same heritage as the Phaser, and the resulting sound is somewhat related, too. We therefore we put both in the same effect family, with color code magenta (purple). However, the Flanger is not based on analog filter technology, but on very short bucket-brigade delays.

The parameter set for the flanger is almost the same as that of the phaser; only the parameters “Peak Spread” and “Stages” are not available. Thanks to the overlapping parameter set, you can use TYPE to switch back and forth between phasers and flangers without altering the basic parameter values.

✓You can find a similar flanger, called Wah Flanger, in the group of Wah Effects that can be controlled by the Wah Pedal.

It interesting that the Flanger is based on very short Bucket Brigade Delays which may be appropriate for replicating many pedals. However, Flanging isn’t necessarily a BBD effect as the original flanging effects were done with tape machines (hence the name flanging). I wonder if Flanger is a candidate for an overhaul like the ODs got with the Kemper Drive? In fact maybe the entire modulation section might be worth looking at to expand it beyond the current specific effect emulations?