Tips & Tricks for the KPA (wiKPA) - For those who want to get to know their KPA far above what's in the manuals :)

• Does any of you guys happen to still own a copy of the first issue of the wiKPA (or of a very early issue anyway)?

I'd like to keep it now that the document is going to migrate on the site, and I did not think of collecting them X)

• About the Wikpa name:
    We are constantly going to replace the abbreviation KPA by the nape "Profiler" in the future, i suggest to have a Wiki name with "Profiler" (or Kemper) included. That could also solve the name discussion.

CK

I'd strongly recommend to take into consideration what CK said about the name. Just alone because of SEO-reasons. Or you could at least consider something like wiKPA - The kemper profiler database or whatever word is appropriate for database. But it makes sense to have the wiki named like the product it's based on.

• My personal take on this:
    I totally respect that CK tries to rename his product and that's the reason why I immediately changed almost all occurances of KPA in our Wiki to "Kemper Profiler" or "Profiler". But still I think it's very nice to have a short domain name and I don't think it's a good idea to completely avoid an abbreviation. We all love abbreviations in so many situations on the web ... cu, thx, hf, imho, lol, rofl, afaik, even CK ... it's just so convenient to save some typing work. KPA is so quick to type, everybody here understands it ... no need to get rid of it, honestly. and as I mentioned above, a short domain name is always nice to have. I would hate to have something like the-kemper-profiler-wiki.org. I would be tired before I even finish typing it. :)

Regarding SEO:
    The Google search algorithms have changed a lot over the years, especially to prevent simple SEO cheating. The url content, the title tag and the various meta tags have lost their importance compared to the actual content of the crawled pages and the context of external links to that specific content.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Regarding SEO:
    The Google search algorithms have changed a lot over the years, especially to prevent simple SEO cheating.

Google?
    Was war das nochmal?

[Blocked Image: http://www.audiosemantics.de/FORUMS/Snowden.jpg]

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I'm making my part, replacing all the KPA instances in the wiKPA while uploading it on wikpa.org.
    I don't think that a different url would lead to more traffic, too

And yes, it's official: the migration of the wiKPA to wikpa.org has started today

:)

• I'll keep this thread alive to keep the community informed about the migration on the wiki site.

After more than a year (700+ hours) of work which brought to
    180 pages of structured info about everything regarding the Profiler,
    the wiKPA as a pdf document is changing its nature: I'm working
    hard to transfer all its contents on the site www.wikpa.org (administered
    by Martin\lightbox) and to integrate the two databases making them work
    with each other. I'll also go on adding information on the site as soon
    as it's made available from the online forums and communities.

If you're willing to support this effort, feel free to visit this PayPal page, or to click on the link supplied at the bottom of www.wipka.org.

I'll go on posting on this thread for keeping the community up-to-date with the migration process.

The wiKPA will be still available to download from the OP, for those who want to own a small piece of the Profiler's history :)

Thanks for your help!

• humm..
    first link, first reading
    There is a small number of amps that are hard to profile because of uncommon circuits. This is a list in progress:

I remeber I've already read it and then tought.. Maybe a heavy modded jmp 77 like 'mine' should fit in the list
    I got some ''glassy'' profiles.. I should have to read more about this.. 'limitation'.
    Where's the topic/thread it cames form ?..how about why and witch kind of Preamp/higain/disorsion circuit it's involved in this strange reaction?

• Hey Angelo,

AFAIK Mothership has never gone into deep details (on this forum I mean) about the technical reasons behind that.

I think you'd better open a thread and ask for your amp model: we might have some more info to add to the wiki :)

As for the source, I remember two distinct threads. But I grabbed every bit of useful info, reading them would not add anything to what I reported in the wiKPA.

HTH

PS:

j\k mode ON

... so you had never read the wiKPA before?!? X(

j\k mode OFF

:D

• Hi Gianfranco!
    ...when I read the ''Glassy'' term I remeber a comment on one of My..Glassy profile..
    intrested in that--and hopefully an improvement in 'profiling Knowledge' will came with it.
    let me have some time to compare a JMP77 and his profiles..
    ..it's not mine (firstly) and I have not my KPA in this period..
    When I'll have something Consistent to Ask.. and discuss I'll open a specific topic.
    maybe would be helpfull for many.
    Hey Gianfranco
    thanks again for your hepl/support and Future Efforts/Work! it will Work!
    joing forces can have better results of ' divide et impera'
    so have a good Work!
    Cheers

• The Troubleshooting section is now in order and better structured :thumbup:

... and finally, everything you have ever wanted to know (and has ever been written in the whole Universe!) about Clean Sens and Distorted Sens is online! :D

Edited 2 times, last by viabcroce: Adding information ().

• Guys, if it is tough! Lot of work for formatting, re-linking, creating the proper pages and subpages... it's going slower than I had imagined. But I'll try and migrate as much as possible of the wiKPA before my summer holidays come :wacko:

:thumbup:

PS: BTW... the wiKPA's Wasting Time section has been migrated to wikpa.org, although not yet addressed from the main page. Enjoy reading! :)