Monitor EQ for each Profile

• Hi,

there is a Monitor EQ - we all know.

But what i am lately struggling with is this:

The Main Outs for FOH sound great. I use a Mesa Cab as a Monitor when not using IEMs.
    I have to adjust the Monitor EQ to sound them as i like them with the Cabinet. But when for example one Profile needs more bass and less treble, the next profile would sound dull and like "a blanket over the cab". I would have to adjust the Monitor EQ again, hich would make the first Profile sound worse again. ...

I think this could be easily solved, if every profile could have it's own "Monitor EQ".

Are you with me?

Also:
    A Resonance knob would finally be so great... ;)

• Or use a FRFR speaker ..... The P.A. FOH is FRFR so if it sounds good out front

why not use FRFR on stage ? Mesa cab probably turns every Kemper rig into

Mesa sound-ish rigs ......

Food for thought :/

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Why not first set your Global Monitor EQ and then put an EQ in your X Slot of your Profiles?

because that would also change the signal going to FOH.

Or use a FRFR speaker ..... The P.A. FOH is FRFR so if it sounds good out front

why not use FRFR on stage ? Mesa cab probably turns every Kemper rig into

Mesa sound-ish rigs ......

because I like the Mesa Cab way to much. I can make the profiles i use sound great with the cab, but i have to adjust the monitor eq to achieve that.

i won't buy an FRFR , because my Mesa Cab sounds great and also looks way cooler on stage (nobody can doubt that ;)

Personally, I think that would be a massive overkill that would make use of the KPA much more cumbersome for the vast majority of users.

better have it, than need it!
    there a so many functions in the Kemper that i don't use and never will. for example the Kone settings are only for people using the kone.
    my idea would be useful to any player using a general guitar cab.

• the best you could probably do is set the monitor output eq to what sounds best overall to the the cab. I often would turn the presence and bass up on mine for example. If it doesn't sound good through the main outs/headphones and the cab at the same time then you might have to use a different profile. Sometimes I would have to change the cabinet in the profile too instead of changing the whole profile.

• well, that would always be a compromise!

so my request would totally make sense and i guess a lot of players that use a guitar cab would benefit from it.

There would still be a compromise. Adding complexity to an already complex device is a compromise in usability.

Potentially a third (or even fourth) EQ:

An eq (Monitor), for an eq'd signal (studio/graphic possibly pre and post) that was already eq'd (amp eq).

Try using a Source Audio EQ2 and put it between the monitor out and cabinet. Connect to MIDI and you've got 128 10-band presets available.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• not a valid point.

i have the kone stuff in my kemper and will never use a kone, so that is also a compromise in usability for me, if you see it that way.

and where's the difference in having on global Monitor EQ or having a monitor Eq in each profile ?

noone would suffer from having that option. if you don't need it, just don't touch it. everyone else will be happy.

• not a valid point.

i have the kone stuff in my kemper and will never use a kone, so that is also a compromise in usability for me, if you see it that way.

and where's the difference in having on global Monitor EQ or having a monitor Eq in each profile ?

noone would suffer from having that option. if you don't need it, just don't touch it. everyone else will be happy.

If you want to nitpick, have fun. It's a false equivalence in my mind.

We disagree and that's fine.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I'm not nitpicking.

I'm requesting a feature that you don't need and therefore try to name reasons why one wouldn't need it.

you don't know me, my playing, my tone or my setup so can't just say what i need and what not.

I'd like a feature like I described and you are not in the position tell me I don't.
    Your Kemper wouldn't get worse if the feature was added....