The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• As a guess, I think they will release it for Namm next year. That would be the ideal time for it. I don't see them using the USB for the footboard though, doesn't make a lot of sense as the rig-manager hooks up through that. They'll probably use the Ethernet port for the connection.

Whatever the case, I'll be getting one for sure. I am glad though that I have my FCB1010 to use in the meantime. It is working great and a solid value-priced solution for the time being.

:)

• Wow. I was just thinking about the possibility of a floorboard controller with external processing power for FX. I mean, this looper sounds like such a great idea. What if the memory for such a feature was built into the KFC? And with an ethernet controller connection, you could probably couple that processing power with the Kemper, like adding a second CPU. More FX slots, assignable anywhere within the existing 8 FX slots. The mind boggles, I tell you! That German man is planning something. The future!

The horror! The horror!

• The FCB1010 is not 100% reliable. The footswitches don't always respond as needed. I would like to have the KFC as soon as possible. The FCB is a workable solution but, it's not up to the professional level of the rest of the gear I use on stage. At this point I wouldn't want to shell out for something more expensive and better built knowing the KFC is out there. If it's another year out I'm not sure what I will do. Time is money and I think the lack of dedicated, integrated, reliable foot control is a major downside to the KPA platform. Hopefully it can be ready to ship for Q3 or Q4 of this year. I think it would bring on a lot more people that have been on the fence about moving over to the KPA so, it's important from an overall sales standpoint for the company.

J

• As a guess, I think they will release it for Namm next year. That would be the ideal time for it. I don't see them using the USB for the footboard though, doesn't make a lot of sense as the rig-manager hooks up through that. They'll probably use the Ethernet port for the connection.

I believe in one thread they did say they were going to use the Ethernet port in order to allow 2-way communication, as well as to power the controller. Can't wait!

The FCB1010 is not 100% reliable. The footswitches don't always respond as needed. I would like to have the KFC as soon as possible. The FCB is a workable solution but, it's not up to the professional level of the rest of the gear I use on stage. At this point I wouldn't want to shell out for something more expensive and better built knowing the KFC is out there. If it's another year out I'm not sure what I will do. Time is money and I think the lack of dedicated, integrated, reliable foot control is a major downside to the KPA platform. Hopefully it can be ready to ship for Q3 or Q4 of this year. I think it would bring on a lot more people that have been on the fence about moving over to the KPA so, it's important from an overall sales standpoint for the company.

J

+1

Imaginator

• Is there any specific information on how the KFC will work? I have only seen the two diagrams for large and small. I do not know the proposed physical size and weight and can only guess at what each switch will do. How about a draft user manual? What about some idea of price or a realistic estimate of first shipping date, or even that the project is delayed or defunct.

Will the KFC have more than one mode of operation and, if so which switches will change modes?

What modes, if any, will be available e.g:

Switching Stomps and Effects on and off
    Accessing Rigs via browse and performance modes
    Instant access to, say 10, favourite rigs
    Combination of favourites rigs and selected stomps and effects
    Looper mode
    Other modes?

In each mode what will each switch do? How will the current mode be displayed?

Will we be able to switch between browse and performance modes using the KFC or will we need to use the switch on the KPA?

If a looper is fully implemented, will there be a need for additional processing power and will this be provided by the KPA or additional processing within the KFC?

Have I have missed all this information elsewhere on the forum?

• All valid questions, but none of this has been disclosed yet.

• Can you please give us all a full status update on the KFC? Even if the news is not good, we can take it!

The best information you have given is dated 26 April 2012 (2 years and 1 day ago) when you told us the following:

"The pedal is proprietary for the KPA. The four buttons I II III IV can be freely assigned to any effect and more than one at once. Up to two effects will be displayed by a color LED and On-LED. By these lights you can see if the two effects go on simultaneously or will be swapped. Four expression pedals or switches can be connected. The graphics are not final. No power or midi connections on board, will both be provided by the Profiler"

I also read that the dimensions will not be small enough to fit my Namba bag!

Two years is a long time, even allowing for user consultation, which I applaud, but it's time to draw a line and give us a full update.

Ideally we want a final diagram of the pedal with dimensions, a draft user manual, a delivery window and a price indicator.

Please respond, ASAP.

Many thanks,
    Paul

Edited once, last by PCB: Missed out a word! ().

• Pure speculation:
    On the KPA, each expression pedal input can also be used for two switches. If this is also a feature of the KFC, it would be possible to use one expression pedal, and connect up to six momentary switches. Or, two pedals, and four switches. That could give all eight FX slots an on/off switch. Or, "favorite rig" switches. Or...... :)

Hi Paults

At this stage I would just like to understand the essential functions of the KFC unit.

Without a draft user manual and final layout, everything as you say, is pure speculation.

We need something simple and ergonomic.

A dedicated KFC as outlined by ckemper should do the job, but we are definitely owed a comprehensive update.

I am spending too much time nursing interim solutions (HD500 and FCB1010) and need a final solution.

I look foward to a swift response from the Kemper organisation!

Paul

• I'm sorry if this idea is already been discussed.

I was thinking if it could be possible to use the same ethernet cable that connects the KFC to KPA to send the guitar signal to KPA also? So that the instrument cable from guitar could be put straight into this floor controller in front of the stage. I would find that very usable.

Edited once, last by DD ().