The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• Since a mainstay is required when standing guitar playing, basically foot controller of guitarists will be operated with one foot only (right food for right-handers, left foot for left-handers). Perhaps this helps to reflect on the method of control of the buttons.

Another idea for the Tap button:

Is the Tap button actually really needed? I can define with my FCB the tempo of the delay by repeatedly pressing the corresponding soundselection button in time, which is very convenient for me. So I do not always need more buttons use to select the tempo of the delay, in addition there is also the Beat Detection. If this were possible also in KFC, the now planned Tap button could also assign a freely selectable function / scenario?

Play it like you mean it.

• Now the I to IV buttons can be reached by the right foot. Why would that be a disadvantage for those that use these buttons frequently?

Question to other posters: Why would you prefer the D U buttons to be on the right side?

CK like above, the I to IV buttons are closer to the right foot (if you are a singer/guitarist and have the mic stand in the middle with you board just to the right.) In the image above the I to IV buttons are now closer which again i think guitarists would turn these on/off more in a song than they would going up/down in a song. So it makes sense that the I to IV buttons are closer to the person as they would be used more

The down/Up buttons are prefered on the right side because they will not be used as much during a performace as the I to IV buttons would. I take it the I to IV buttons are for turning effects/stomps on and off?

• I would THINK (correct me if i'm wrong) that the majority of those using the KPA live with a FS use performance mode, with one perf being one song.

This means switching perfs up/down is usually done between songs, and switching to slot 1 with your heel for speeds sake is usually unnecessary.

This is a +1 for down on the left. With another +1 for down being underneath the up, instead of side by side.

• The down/Up buttons are prefered on the right side because they will not be used as much during a performace as the I to IV buttons would.

This is actually a good point. In the ideal usage scenario, switching Performances happens between songs, when the player isn't playing. You already have five slots, each with four effects switches, to play with: in most cases that should be enough to last an entire song.

Also, if switching Performances will be a two-step process (press Up/Down, then Slot 1-5) and the sound doesn't change until the second step, they don't necessarily need to follow in quick succession. So even if you have no pause between two songs, you could use Up/Down to bring up the next Performance near the end of the first song, then step on the desired Slot button when the second one actually begins.

• I vote for the second one.
    It´s similar to the NI Guitar Rig Control, that I´m used to.
    There it´s called "prev" and "next" which makes sense to me coz of the order left and right.
    BUT! I can also get used to other orders.
    The main thing is to get the looper AND that we don't need to wait another year.;-))

Down Up I II III IIII
    1 2 3 4 5 Tap

On the other hand I do also agree to
    "Raoul23"
    "The down/Up buttons are prefered on the right side because they will not be used as much during a performace as the I to IV buttons would."

• +1 for option 1 (D/U)

I also like having Tap in the bottom row.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• My Vote is clearly:

Loop Tap
    I II III IV U

1 2 3 4 5 D

Up Down on the right, is simply logical for me and i am used to it from several other FC.

I don´t use 1 Performance for 1 Song and i think most users have about 5 to 10 Presets like i do,
    which are for all songs. So the combination between Bank changing and Preset changing isnt important for me.

Tap Button at one Edge of the FC is better !

Most
    important for me is, that the release of the KFC is quite near, because
    i need to remanage my rig and rack for next touring in 2015, very
    important to have a release date !!!

• This is actually a good point. In the ideal usage scenario, switching Performances happens between songs, when the player isn't playing. You already have five slots, each with four effects switches, to play with: in most cases that should be enough to last an entire song.

Also, if switching Performances will be a two-step process (press Up/Down, then Slot 1-5) and the sound doesn't change until the second step, they don't necessarily need to follow in quick succession. So even if you have no pause between two songs, you could use Up/Down to bring up the next Performance near the end of the first song, then step on the desired Slot button when the second one actually begins.

This is actually what I wanted to say in my first answer.
    My question is: how many people out there REALLY need to do CK's scenario with pressing up and slot 1 at e same time?
    I imagine not so many.
    In this case I agree it would be gest if up/down would remain on the right side, as it is with most boards I know.

• The basic layout is fixed and has been well discussed earlier in this thread.
    One strong wish was to have the Tap button in the lower right corner.
    The only option we have is the order Down/Up or Up/Down.

Down Up I II III IIII
    1 2 3 4 5 Tap

or

Up Down I II III IIII
    1 2 3 4 5 Tap

Btw.: We have the option "Performance Autoload" in the system menu already.

Edited once, last by ckemper ().

• So you're determined to put up/down to the right, it seems.
    In this case I'd vote for the 2nd one (like I said before). ;)

• It is true that many other designs have the Up/Down on the right side.
    But those boards have more than five slot buttons in two rows. And they don't have a dedicated Tap button in a good position.

• Since a mainstay is required when standing guitar playing, basically foot controller of guitarists will be operated with one foot only (right food for right-handers, left foot for left-handers). Perhaps this helps to reflect on the method of control of the buttons.

The swap and thus the final position of the four performance-critical effect buttons on the right will be an advantage for the left-footers. This was another good reason for the swap.