Screen reads "Paste Buffer is empty"

• Just got my unit today and got it turned on and did the basics. Then I found out I had to get a USB memory stick and download the latest update from the Kemper site. The manual states the kemper will reformat the memory stick but it didn't. I rotated the selector dial from Browser to Perform but nothing changed. I cannot get the message off of my main screen about the " Paste Buffer is empty " What the heck is the paste buffer?
    HELP before I send this box back.

• Quoting this from guitarnet70 on someone else's problem:

Boot the unit holding System pressed 'till you read "Initializing..."

It might work for this. Worth a shot.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• To format the stick you need to plug it in, press the soft button external storage and then format. For the buffer issue just make what Zappledan said :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• How do I get to the soft button to get the external storage to show up? I cannot get this ( Paste buffer is empty ) in Bold letters off the main screen. After I reboot the machine and put my time & User Name in it up pops the Paste Buffer crap. I cannot get this mem stick formatted. I purchased this unit from AMS on a customer return but everything should have been good so a new customer could plug & play right out of the box. I wonder if this is why the other customer returned it.

• Yes I did, I got the Kemper to download the latest info from their site. Even though I never read the words Formatting USB Stick anywhere. LOL I cannot get the stupit message to leave the main screen. I just cannot plug my guitar into the Kemper and use it, I really thought it would be that easy. When this mesage is "In Focus" I cannot read the background stuff very well. Hopefully the 2 online stores that sell this know something about it :)

• I finally am just giving up on this Kemper, I called AMS and am returning it next week :( I really wanted this unit to give me the awesome sounds I heard on a Rob Chappers/Andertons video. That video was almost an hour long. LOL I guess the online place I got it at didn't really turn it on and give it a good checkout. It was a scratch & dent but the machine was scratch & dent free, not a mark on it. Getting it to work was another story. I was just going to get a refund but I might get them to send me another unit. Now if that doesn't work I'll be waiting a while for my next Kemper. :sleeping: I am glad somebody finally told me the Paste button might be bad.

Thank's

• The first Kemper I bought had the same problem! You can forget about it. The problem is a hardware problem, no amount of resetting is going to do anything. I remember I could still play the amps, but thanks to the pop-up window I couldn't see what I was playing!
    Don't give up! Tell AMS to send you out another one! I bought my current one from them and the disfunctioning one was from Sweetwater. I have had zero problems with my current one. Kemper is bliss my friend! Well worth it!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach