[Soundside] Christmas Sale - Ended - Thank You!

• I'm also owning several Boogie cabs with EVM 12Ls and the difference between old Electrovoice-speakers and new ones is extreme. The very old speaker from my Boogie MKII (one of the first ones made) sounds awesome, no comparison to the kind of sterile new ones.

Yes! Mine is an old one from a Boogie cab and sounds awesome.

• [Blocked Image: http://www.soundside.de/shop/images/VLux1-big.jpg]

Profiles of the Fender Vibrolux via the inbuilt 2x10" Jensen speakers.

Very nice clean and typical Fender Vibrolux distortion sounds were captures with a Shure SM7B mic.

The Fender is clean at volume settings below 2 - and starts to distort above.
    There are profiles with the volume at 2,3,5,8 (Yes - it was VERY loud :D ).

The amp has two channels (Normal and Bright).
    The higher the volume setting the lower is the difference between both channels (that's why there is no profile of the bright channel at volume = 8 ).

There are several clean profiles (both channels and different tone stack settings).

Here are two sound clips:
    Simple VLux clip

VLux User Song from Stephan

The pack contains (beside 3 processed profiles) raw profiles like this:

Naming convention:
    -------------------

VLux B V2 B5 T7

VLux = Fender Vibrolux

B = Bright channel (N Normal channel)

V2 = Volume setting

B5 = Tonestack settings (Bass)
    here: Bass=5

T7 = Tonestack settings (Treble)
    here: Treble=5

Raw Profiles:
    --------------

VLux B V2 B5 T5
    VLux B V2 B5 T7
    VLux B V2 B5 T9
    VLux B V2 B8 T5

VLux B V3 B5 T5
    VLux B V5 B5 T5

VLux N V2 B5 T5
    VLux N V2 B5 T7
    VLux N V2 B8 T5

VLux N V3 B5 T5
    VLux N V5 B5 T5
    VLux N V8 B5 T5

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

The fuchs turned me curious , and i was already curious about more info on the Egnater and The Marshall Acoustic Amp Soloist.

Here is something about the Marshall Acoustic Amp profiles.
    All profiles were done with the DI out of that amp (no speaker or mics involved).
    The profiles captures almost all of the great sound variations the amp can create - by profiling all these bass and treble combinations:

Bxx = Bass setting (clock value)
    Txx = Treble setting (clock value)

MarsA B07 T09
    MarsA B07 T12
    MarsA B07 T15
    MarsA B07 T17

MarsA B09 T09
    MarsA B09 T12
    MarsA B09 T15
    MarsA B09 T17

MarsA B12 T09
    MarsA B12 T12
    MarsA B12 T15
    MarsA B12 T17

MarsA B15 T09
    MarsA B15 T12
    MarsA B15 T15
    MarsA B15 T17

MarsA B17 T09
    MarsA B17 T12
    MarsA B17 T15
    MarsA B17 T17

Stephan send me a user clip today - I'll post it in the music section.

link to the clip

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Edited 3 times, last by Armin ().

• Thanks Armin for the info , and i tought you used a condender mic in the profiling :D . Will listen to the demo now . Cheers :thumbup:

• I use different kinds of mics or mic combinations.

But for this one I found that the DI out was just great.
    The Pack7 (Koch Studio DI) and Pack9 (High Gain Tube Stomp Profiles) were also done via DI.
    Ok, and the AxeFX II (Pack2) ;)

btw. here are the mics I currently use:

[Blocked Image: http://www.soundside.de/tmp/mics2013.jpg]

i was already curious about more info on the Egnater

Yes, this amp has so many features and sound options - the name tweaker fit's perfect.

The amp has two channels each with and without boost.
    The tone stack can be set to three different voicing (USA - say Fender like, British - say Marshall like and Vox).
    There is a switch to change the power amp from vintage to modern - and separate switches for tight / deep, bright / normal, clean / hot and mid cut / normal.

I named the raw profiles like this:

It's impossible to profile all combination - but the best one are in the pack.

Check the great demo from Guenter at my homepage.

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Yes! Mine is an old one from a Boogie cab and sounds awesome.

I played my Marshall JVM via EVM12L - sounds great!
    The Fuchs sounds much better IMHO via the Elmwood V30 speaker.

I expected it the other way - strange.

• I played my Marshall JVM via EVM12L - sounds great!
    The Fuchs sounds much better IMHO via the Elmwood V30 speaker.

I expected it the other way - strange.

They describe the Blackjack as more oriented and 'Marshallish' than the ODS and TDS line. Maybe that's the reason.

What about the cleans?

• Yes, even the cleans are very nice.

The Marshall cabinet with V30's is not even close - the Elmwood cabinet is very special.

Yes, the Blackjack can be more 'Marshallish' oriented than the ODS - the great feature in the Blackjack is the additional 'tone' control in the drive stage.
    This control can be used to tweak the sound from 'Dumleish' to 'Marshallish'.

A lot of Dumble-Sound e.g. Joe B. mix a 'Dumbleish' amp with a Marshall anyway ;)

The Blackjack can create this sounds by itself - it's a keeper - and will not leave my studio :)

• It's a brand new combo - so I let the speaker break in before I start to profile ....

btw. sounds great :)

The 'ultra-linear Mode' is killer - I did not expect it.

• Armin,

I am very intrigued by the Engl Powerball II. Can you list the profiles and tell a little more about the amp? I've never played one. I primarily look for great metal amp profiles and this certainly sounds good from the demo clip. Do you plan to showcase a raw clip with some of its tones?

Thanks!

• Yes, it's one of the best amps for metal - I'll do some demo clips in the next time - to much work currently ...

• ' had to rebuild my homepage a little bit ...

removed all large photos
    removed all brand logos (again) from the small photos on the main profile page.

Renamed some profile packs 'based of' name:
    American = 7ender, British = Mar.....

Some strange things happen out there ....