Is it possible to turn Main Output off via a button?

• I have a Power Rack and Kabinet. I have the Main Outs going to the inputs of a Scarlett 8i6. I have Studio Monitors on the output of the Scarlett and play backing tracks through a PC which go through the Studio Monitors.

Can someone please let me know how to turn the Main Outs off so i can only hear my Kabinet and a backing track through my Studio Monitors?

I couldnt see how to do it using the Kemper and i've just checked the manual and couldnt see it either.

I'm sure it's possible but just abit stuck on how to achieve it.

Thanks

• Mute the volume on your guitar track in your DAW. Play thru the Kabinet. Simple.

Or don't even create a guitar track. Just create the backing track.

Or don't select monitoring "on" for the guitar track.

Or don't even use a DAW at all, and set your computer playback to your monitors.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• Hi, thanks for the reply, I should have mentioned I’m not using a DAW, just playing backing tracks on YouTube.

the problem with with setting the computer playback to being monitors is the monitors are connected to the Scarlett which also has the Kemper Main Out mixed in. I can do something about that but need to change the Scarlett configuration which is a pain.

I was hoping I could turn it off like the Poweramp via the Kemper UI.

• Approach 1

Press the Output button.

Use the Page buttons to get to page [1/9]

Turn the leftmost knob under the display to set the Main Output to Off

Remember to turn Main Output back to Master Stereo later.

Approach 2

Press the Output button

Use the Page buttons to get to page [2/9]

Turn the leftmost knob under the display to set the Main Volume to 0

Remember to turn Main Volume up to when you need it later.

• Sounds like it would be easiest to just mute the inputs on the scarlett mixer? Are you sure that's not a viable option? :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM