A New Day - latest mix.

• I took some time off mixing to study some of my favorite bands mixes. I practiced when to engage effects and turn them off during a song. Before I would just leave effects mostly on the entire time. I did all mono single channel guitars with stereo effects - really like how that sounds. Lead guitar was vice versa. The bass panned right. I also gave the drums more ambience so they don't sound so dry in the mix. I tried to make sure every little nuance could be heard on this one and not get lost. Let me know how I did. :?:

I should be getting back up to regular mixing speed after the Holidays. I see I got some forum catching up to do. :love: Merry Christmas all!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• You’re being be overtly self critical, what you’ve got is great but I understand it’s hard to judge stuff if you’ve been listening to it repeatedly. Don’t compare yourself to others, just use their work to inspire and help you focus on the stuff that through listening makes you realize that “hey I want to work on this aspect of my production”.

Also bear in mind I’ve now been cranking out a track per day for the past four months, many crap, an occasionally ok one but each a learning experience even if by microns, in essence I’m you four months from now if you were to join in the noodle challenge.

• Well done, nice clear stereo mix, in my opinion you achieved what you set out to do! Everything clear in it's place :)

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.