Can anyone tell me why I have to continuously click update to download the RM file? (Solved)

• This has been driving me nuts.!! I go to update RM and the download starts and goes to like 46% and then the download progress window disappears and I have to initiate the download again only to get to like 92%. And again to get to 117%. And again to get to 208%. And again and again and again. I can find no solution online.

It took me until I got to 517% for the update to finally extract and initiate the executable. This has been the norm for me all year.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• It's not a RM problem. It's a download problem on large files. It also happens when downloading large files from web pages (Google). The download will constantly keep disconnecting. I have 400mb download speed and 30mb upload ISP. I'm streaming Netflix, Hulu, etc. on my connection too with no problems. However, Nvidia driver updates are large files but I never have a problem downloading via their UI updater. This is annoying as shit and I want to fix it. I though others here might have run across this problem and some networking gurus could help.

I also have an online game that downloads the update files without interruption too using it's own UI updater. Those files are 1.7Gb in size. But any download over 5mb in google or RM gets disconnected over and over.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().