Kemper/Reaper/Scarlett 8i6 Question

• I am brand new to recording. I have the Kemper hooked up to the Scarlett 8i6 via spdif and I am using Reaper. On my Focusrite Control software, I have a spdif 1&2 input open and DAW playback 1&2 open.

When I arm my guitar track in Reaper and play, I get a chorus-like effect. It's almost like the guitar in being monitored twice. However, if I mute the spdif 1&2 input in the Focusrite Control software, the guitar doesn't sound right. If I mute the DAW playback 1&2 in the Focusrite Control software, I lose any effects/plug-ins I am using inside Reaper (reverb). How do I get rid of this chorus-like effect while keeping my effects/plug-ins in Reaper?

• Sound like you have Input Monitoring on as well as monitoring through the DAW. I don’t use reaper but there should be an Input monitoring button somewhere on each channel strip. There is also a direct monitoring (monitor mix) setting on the Focusrite software. You need to have only one live at any time or you will get issues with phase cancellations.

• I pulled this pic from my reamp tutorial. The green arrow points to the speaker icon you use to turn on/off monitoring the specific track.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.