Per collection thread

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very quick improv, trying to get a retro feel though

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Raw Output mix sounded very good on my end. Keep on Improv-ing.

Moving my monitors and speakers closer in seems to have made a big improvement for me. I still have acoustic treatment left to do but I think I am ready to get some new mixes out nonetheless for you all to critique.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• Per, I wouldn't mind if you elaborated on the tunes like what instruments, effects, though process, etc. you used for the production. I learn much from that.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• There's not much to it BayouTexan , better if you just ask about anything in particular you'd like to know. I have no technique so it's just bringing together textures and sounds I like. My general process is pick an instrument, pick a random patch, go with whatever sound, riff or chord sequence comes out because it really doesn't matter where you start only that you do, and anything can be made to sound interesting with the right arrangement around it. The only thing that matters is making things sound intentional, if it sounds weak do it again and pay attention to what failed and either emphasize it or eliminate it, either way you need to nail it because everyone will hear what you get wrong much more than what you get right.

SD : Fields of Rock, Stone, plate verb

Bass : ST '59 Fan BM 3, Pultec EQ, LA2A "Grey"

Les Paul, neck pup : TJ - Fan Champion Max-3, one way phaser, "Main station" delay,

Fantom : Organ

• Another great tune Per , great guitar tones. The chorus jumps into Steven Wilson territory, very cool