Delay and reverb help

• Hi, I’m not a new Kemper user. I’ve had one for 4 or 5 years now, but I’ve always used it with a pedalboard and had great results. I’m trying to get along with the stage as a stand-alone unit, but I’m not having much success.

My biggest issue is with the wet effects as I can’t seem to dial them in. It’s not an issue with my strymons or my fm3, but I just can’t seem to find what I’m looking for with the Kemper.

So, I’m curious, what are your go-to settings to tips and tricks?

• The PROFILER comes with effect presets preinstalled. So these might be your starting points instead of dialing in parameter by parameter.

If your Stage is running a current OS version there is a complete and up-to-date set of effect presets on your PROFILER.

The concept of effects and presets is explained on the first pages of the Main Manual available here: manuals

• I found the High Cut parameter on the Delays to be the most influential to the tone, after the actual amount of delay. Don't just make a broad adjustment of the High Cut. Try small increments up and down as you play to find the tonal sweet spots. Once you get comfortable with that parameter then you should be able to dial in some nice delays.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Where do you cut at? I’ve found myself at 2-3k or lower. Is that average?

I don't cut that low unless I want to get some sort of tape-delay wash effect. I can be anywhere from 4k - 8.5k. I work on my tones and effects against generic drum and bass tracks so I get a better idea of how it fits in a mix. Shorter delay tails may have a soft cut and longer tails may have a hard cut, and vice-versa. I'm still trying to figure the delays out myself, but I do load up the presets, listen, and then adjust to my tastes.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Ok. I’m hearing quality degradation starting in the 3rd repeat that I don’t get with my strymons. I’ve been trying to figure out how to get around that and it seems like it’s a high end issue.

it’s probably my ears, but it’s become something I can’t unhear.

• I would suggest linking the Hi Cut to morph via an expression pedal. This will let you tweak the value in real time while you play to get instant feedback on any changes you make. Once you are happy the you have found the sweet spot range for you needs, unlink Hi Cut and assign morph to something else like Low Cut.

As for segregation make sure Cut More isn't ticked a d keep Grit low.