EQ on and off?

• I didn't adress it to the support.

Maybe you should. I remember you wrote about this earlier and I tested it then and now once again - and could not reproduce it.

Is there a difference between "0" and "< 0 >"?

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Yes there is a difference between 0.0 and <0.0>, <0.0> is actual 0.00, so it should be the center of the dial, while 0.0 seems to be a value rounded out to 0.0 such as 0.04.

mba - Ok, I'm confused, I thought you meant a stomp/effect eq, but you say there's only one page of settings, all the stomp eq's offer several pages of options. But you're saying it's not the stack EQ either, so which EQ are we talking about here?

• Why the EQ on and off sounds different even if it is set to zero?

Please check again.
    When the stack eq is set to all zero, there will be no sound difference.
    There is technically no way, that a single unit deviates from this behaviour, as the eq is all digital.

• How do I differenciate a tonestack from a correction eq?

I answered to Guitarnet70. I think that Guitarnet70 makes reference to the tone stack of a real amp.
    A real tone stack is never flat due to the frequency response of components and by the way it sucks a little bit the level of the signal. So there is always a difference when you bypass the tone stack of a real amp.
    We are in digital world here and you use a generic EQ that's why i called it a correction EQ more than a tone stack.
    We will be closer to a real tone stack when you will have build a library with different correction EQs.

• Please check again.
    When the stack eq is set to all zero, there will be no sound difference.
    There is technically no way, that a single unit deviates from this behaviour, as the eq is all digital.

I tested it in the return of my Randall with cab off.
    Each time i pushed the EQ button the sound changed. With EQ on it was a little bit compressed.
    I didn't pay attention to the 0 or <0>.
    I will test it again when i will have fixed my KPA.