Question regarding the Main Output XLR's

• Good that you did. Would be great if you could describe the solution here for others to find as well.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• musicmad: The problem had nothing to do with the Kemper when connecting it to the UA Solo USB interface via XLR cables. I was not getting any signal into the UA Solo interface. Turns out the solution was when using XLR cable connections to the inputs of the UA Solo one has to set the inputs to mic not line. I was thinking it should still be set to line and setting it to mic fixed the issue.

• if your interface can only use the XLRs when you set the inputs to microphone sensitivity you should use TS connectors instead since the Profiler delivers a line-level signal. Mic inputs will create a level mismatch.

• The UA Solo USB takes both TRS connectors and XLR. When using XLR cables their manual states that one should set the inputs to mic. Prior, I was using TS connections and noticed no ill effects when switching today to XLR and setting the inputs to mic for them. Do you still recommend I return to TS connectors?

Edited once, last by Lnk97438 ().

• the mic preamps will potentially color the tone and increase the noise floor when fed with a line-level signal. In a typical home recording situation there is nothing to gain from using XLR instead of TS either.

• Interesting, just got this response from UAD.

To answer your question:

I want to use an XLR connection from my Kemper Profiler Rack XLR outs to the Apollo Solo USB I have to set the Solo inputs to Mic. However, isn't that going to color the sound of my Profiles coming out of the Kemper since it will be going through the Solo's mic preamp circuit?

Not necessarily -- the PREAMP circuit by default simply applies clean gain to the incoming signal.

Just keep the PREAMP level at minimum and the UNISON slot in Console free from any plugins and you should have none to negligible amount of "coloration".

Best Regards,