Best setup for Kemper reamping??

• I currently have a focusrite scarlett 2i2 2nd gen interface and I want to reamp with my kemper, I've managed to set it up to get reamping to work but it's not the best, I have to fiddle round with boosts to get the input level of the audio sounding right and also it means I have to swap cables round when I want to reamp. I'm looking at upgrading to the komplete audio 6 mk2 so I can have it connected to spidif and reamp that way. Is it worth doing the upgrade or would I be better off just keeping the 2i2 and getting a reamp box like the DACCAPO

• Check out my toot and see if it helps...

How to Reamp Kemper with Reaper (non-SPDIF Method) Tutorial..

I don't have a 3rd input to plug into the kemper direct output, I only have a 2i2. However, looking at your tutorial it looks very similar to the setup I followed from a YouTube video for reamping in Reaper, the only issue I found was the reamped tracks sounded a bit weaker than how the profile tone sounds when I'm plugged in directly with my guitar. I found I had to boost the front end more with a pure boost, I just wasn't sure if a reamp box would help eliminate this issue ??

• I don't have a 3rd input to plug into the kemper direct output, I only have a 2i2. However, looking at your tutorial it looks very similar to the setup I followed from a YouTube video for reamping in Reaper, the only issue I found was the reamped tracks sounded a bit weaker than how the profile tone sounds when I'm plugged in directly with my guitar. I found I had to boost the front end more with a pure boost, I just wasn't sure if a reamp box would help eliminate this issue ??

You can use just one input for guitar and the other or the direct out but you will only be able to record in mono that way.

If I reamp the same profile to do a A/B comparison then both of my tracks sound exactly the same. Make sure you are not running the mic pre-amps on any of the inputs of the focusrite. Like others have said, a reamp box is not needed but a better interface will give you more mileage for sure.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Like others have said, a reamp box is not needed but a better interface will give you more mileage for sure.

Perhaps I'll just invest in the Komplete Audio 6 so I can just leave it constantly connected via spidif to save swapping cables for reamping