Kemper with no sound intermittently

• Hi, last night during rehearsals the sound from the kemper power head disappeared from time to time. I tried to fix the cables but it still happened. It almost seems that something saturates and for a few seconds the sound disappears and then returns. At some point it didn't do it anymore and it worked fine. I have been using the kemper with the same settings for years but it has never happened to me. Can someone help me? thank you

• You need to narrow in, if this issue affects

- all outputs or just one e.g. the SPEAKER OUTPUT of the built in power amp (does the OUTPUT LED still work, are HEADPHONE OUT and MONITOR OUT also affected?) .

- if this is an output or even an input issue (do the INPUT LED and the TUNER LEDs still work?)

- is this an issue with a volume pedal (at which level is Volume Pedal bar in System Settings, when this happens?)

- is any other gear looped in?

- have you checked guitar and cables?

If the issue just affects the internal power amp .... could it be overheated?

• Hello and thanks for the reply.

The only output that I have tested at the moment is the speaker output because it is the only one I use. The others I try to test them.

The Input and tuner input LEDs work correctly and do not clip.

I removed the remote control and the volume/wha pedal and connected only to the front input of the head but the problem remains.

Even cables and guitar I tried to change them but the problem remains.

Reading on the web I noticed that others had a similar problem that they solved by updating the OS to version 8.7.10.

I try to do further checks and update the OS.

In the meantime, thanks for the help.

• The issue solved by 8.7.10 is a loss of the input signal. And it's permanent until you restart. Completely different.

Your issue might be limited to the internal power amp. Could it be overheated?

• OK! I got it. So it doesn't seem like my case. Touching the head doesn't feel particularly hot in the back. The environment in which I used it is therefore conditioned at a "low" temperature and the defect began after a few minutes from power on. The strange thing is that after about half an hour he stopped doing it and worked correctly for the remaining hour.

• You need to narrow in. Perhaps it's a loose contact in the power amp department. Does the issue also affect the MONITOR OUT?

You have already outruled a speaker cable issue. What about a loose contact in the cabinet?

• My Kemper Stage is doing exactly the same thing. I have the latest 8.7.10 OS update and I'm only using s/pdif. I thought maybe it had something to do with my volume pedal but I removed it and it still does the same thing. Its not a big deal for me because weed is legal in Canada.

• Walternini might experience a defective or overheated power amp.

How can you Tony G have the "exactly same thing" with a Stage, which doesn't even have a power amp? If we throw all kinds of "no sound" issues into one pot and stirr around, we will be completely confused and don't understand anything.

Please do the basic analysis:

- Is the issue limited to S/PDIF? Plug for example headphones into the HEADPHONE OUT

- Does the OUTPUT LED still indicate a signal?

- Have you tried another S/PDIF cable?

- At which level is S/PDIF Output Volume?

- How is S/PDIF Output Source set?

- How do you know, this is not an issue of the receiving device? Have you tried another one?

- Or is this an issue of the input signal? Are INPUT LED or TUNER LEDs still functional?

- Or is an effect loop active, while no external gear is plugged in or battery low?

- What is triggering the issue anyhow? Can you reproduce it? How?

- Does a restart fix the issue?

• I'm sorry I don't want to confuse the situation. I thought maybe its not the power amp because the same thing "sound cuts out and comes back on" is happening to me on the kemper stage. I can live with the problem. I'm sure others will come forward if its a software problem. If its a hardware problem I'll deal with it when necessary. I wish you a great day Mr. Moderator and sorry if I offended anyone.

• Tony G No feelings hurt!

I just want to make sure, we are effective. Please use the items I provided as a checklist. We have many thousand OS 8.7.10 installations and no reports about such a generic software issue.

• Make sure you are not using a demo plugin on your track because some of those cut the signal until you pay for a license. ;)

I would play using the Kemper headphone jack, main outs, or Kab for a while to rule out if is the profiler then you would know to look at the interface or some DAW/Driver setting.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.