HM2-Style Distortion with blend

• hello,

i'm using a Kemper Stage for about half a year now. I former used Tube-Heads (Diezel, Peavey) with an Hm2 and a blend pedal and later the Klirrton Grindstein.

I would love to see a Hm2 inspired Distortion with blend option for my profiles.

• The Kemper Metal DS is a Boss MZ distortion pedal and you use the mix parameter to blend. The Kemper One DS is a Boss MS1 distortion. You could stack both of them using the mix parameter and make that work for you for the time being.

I would like to see some more Distortion pedals too.

+1

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited 2 times, last by BayouTexan ().

• after one year of testing I was not able to create an authentic hm2 sound. I experimented with all intern distortions and fuzzes but wasn't happy with the results.

That is why I repost here and hope someday there will be an hm2 distortion for the kemper.

• I have a similar issue with the King of Tone. The onboard Kemper Drive gets close.....but I still run the KOT and a Tumnus Deluxe in my effects loop.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• That would be cool as it is a very popular metal sound these days….again (out of Sweden). I also have tried for years to get an acceptable buzzsaw/chainsaw sound with the Kemper. Still no luck.

What I’ve tried is:

- Profiles with HM-2/Eyemaster (bought and free profiles)

- The original mij HM-2, Eyemaster and Grindstein on tons of profiles. All from no gain to a lot of gain, a combo to head and 4x12 etc.

- Different guitars; some more high gain than others, dialing the volume knob back a bit etc.

- My own profiles with the pedals in front. The Kemper (MY Kemper) cannot receive such a distorted signal and stops profiling.

- Combining the pedals with a Boss SD-1.

No luck as of yet. I DO get the buzzsaw sound. No doubt about that, but it’s really difficult to achieve an acceptable buzzsaw sound. I know in “real life” with real amps it could be difficult as well, but not this difficult.