Connection to Computer with MOTU M4

• Hello all,

I am very beginner mixing guitars on the computers with sound cards.

I have bought Yamaha HS5 reference monitor and MOTU M4 sound card based on some investigations and informations on the net.

I have kemper power head with kemper cabinet, too

I would like to join all the forces of my setup :)..I mean when I play the guitar, I would like to hear at the same time from the kemper cabinet and from my computer reference monitors ( yamaha HS5) .

Sometimes I may need to hear only from the computer monitors , or sometimes from only kemper cabinet, too. So ı would like to be free here if possible.

But for all the cases I would like to record my guitar signal and sound coming from kemper power head in any sound software ( I have not decided which one and bought yet ) .

Before to start I would like to have your suggestion , experiences about how to connect them all from which outputs to inputs.. what kind of cables I needed etc....

As I am beginner, I am open any kind of suggestions/recommendations :)

Many thanks

• It is a huge subject with many options and no single right answer. Whatch this first then come back with any specific questions to narrow it down.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.