Can't Pan a Mono SPDIF Kemper recording

• Hi everyone. I'm having trouble panning my recordings from the Kemper. If I pan all the way left or right, it doesn't make a difference. It's stereo.

Settings:

DAW: Logic Pro

Kemper connected through SPDIF to an Apollo X6 and the SPDIF output setting on the Kemper as Git / Mono Master.

It doesn't matter if I record just the left or right SPDIF input, the result is that it doesn't pan.

I have tried getting a random drum sample, putting it in a new audio track and that pans fine. So it's not a global Logic thing.

Any thoughts? Maybe an FX in the Kemper rig?

• There are two ways to track stereo in DAW.

1. Create a single track with stereo and input both L and R channels. The track has a fader (pan) to go L or R.

2. Create two tracks with mono input. One track gets Left channel and the other track gets Right channel. If you fade (pan) left channel then the right channel will still be at "center" (which is default) so it would sound like it's not panning all the way. You have to pan both respectively.

I would also look into the pre-fader setting as Don has mentioned. Also, check to see if you are monitoring the DAW output or the Kemper input. Fading while monitoring the Kemper input will not change the pan, but it should show up on the output meters in the DAW that one side is panning.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.