2 Volume pedals

• Maybe I misunderstand you.
    I need 2 volume pedals.

One at the beginning of the signal chain. One after the stack section.
    One of them must additionally work as Wah, if the wah effect in a rig is activated.

How can I do this?

• Is The Wah required at the same time as the second volume or can you change between them on a rig by rig basis?

If you need them both on all the time you probably need a third pedal (but you would need that anyway the way you described it). If you can switch between Wah and the second volume then my solution above would work.

You could also do it with only two pedals if you tie up two Stomp slots and toggle between regular Wah and the Wah Pedal Booster Effect. Maybe I confused you by calling it Wah Pedal Volume the correct name is awah Pedal Booster. Check page 196 of the manual

• Usually I turn on the wah effect by pressing an effect button by food.

So when using the wah (effect), I don't need the second volume pedal.

So what it the correct setting if I want to deal only with 2 expression pedals?

• Well.

I tried everything you are able to try with two different expression pedals.
    Result:

You CANNOT have two independent volume pedals!
    There is the need of an additional effect or stomp, but you cannot integrate just 2 volume pedals

into the signal chain.

The Kemper isn't that flexible.

• I managed it last night with the method I described. Did you read -age 196 of the manual as I suggested.

Yes, I read it.

But as I wrote, if using the wah pedal booster, I have to use an additional stomp/effect in every rig.

And that's not what I want!

It is not possible to use two expression pedals as volume pedals in the Kemper without adding an effect or stomp.

• Yes, you can. Set the normal volume as pre and morph the Rig Volume (that is post)

Well.

Because of playing gigs for several bands, I use about 75 performances. And in most of the performances I use 5 rigs.

Do you really think that I'm in the mood of changing the settings of hundreds of rigs?

Just because Kemper is not able to gave the possibility of setting two volume pedals in the signal chain.

😉

• Yes, I read it.

But as I wrote, if using the wah pedal booster, I have to use an additional stomp/effect in every rig.

And that's not what I want!

It is not possible to use two expression pedals as volume pedals in the Kemper without adding an effect or stomp.

Fair enough. You are correct you can’t have both pre and post VOLUME pedals at the moment and it is extremely unlikely that Kemper will consider adding this functionality as they have provided multiple ways of achieving the same results already. If none of them work I am afraid your only options are an analog volume pedal between the guitar and input or between output and FOH. Alternatively you could go old school like most of us and use your pinky on the guitar’s volume knob

• But doesn't I have the same rig volume in every rig if I do so?

Rig volume differs in a lot of rigs. At least in my Kempers.

:rolleyes:

....if you have that volume on pedal then the purpose is to adjust it. If you set the volumes before, then there is no purpose in having the pedal

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• ....if you have that volume on pedal then the purpose is to adjust it. If you set the volumes before, then there is no purpose in having the pedal

Wrong.

I would like to set two "volumes":

First the volume before the input.

I don't want to do this with my volume pot on the guitar by fingers!

Second volume I want to set is the overall output of the Kemper with a maximum depending of the maximum of each single rig.

If the rig maximum is 1dB, then the maximum of the Volume pedal is 1dB.

If the maximum of the rig is 3dB, then the pedal should "allow" a maximum of 3dB.

And I would like to set this pedal after the stack section. And I don't want to waste an effect or

stomp block for a volume pedal.

• Then instead of using 2 expression pedals, use one expression pedal (Kemper Volume, set Pre Stack) and a volume pedal (eventually stereo) after the output. This is going to do exactly what you're asking for

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better